News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel emissions garbage

Started by 73charger440, August 07, 2015, 07:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73charger440

I was wondering if anyone has found a way of getting rid of all the emissions crap fro
The four cents on the gas tank to the carcoal cansister. Is there another year fuel tank that doesn't have all four vent hoses? Also would you think it would pass inspection without all that crap?

myk

What state are you in?  In Kommi-Fornia anything 1976 or older doesn't have to be smog inspected.  Hooray for me!  Check your local laws...

A383Wing

check your local laws for your state..it's a federal offence to tamper with emission devises that are on an emission controlled car

myk

Or you can do what some of my komrades have done which is to register the car in states that allow your setup...

ottawamerc

Ya use a 71 setup, very basic indeed and it was factory on a 3rd gen :yesnod:

Scott :cheers:

This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

73charger440

I live in Springfield Missouri there's no smog or anything.

A383Wing

what smog "crap" are you referring to taking off?

73charger440

myk

A383Wing

why do you want to remove it? It does nothing to rob the engine of any power, it directs gas fumes from tank to carb for burning in the engine...it's not hurting anything. Carb is adjusted for this item to be in place. If you start taking smog devices off, engine will actually run worse at times and get poorer gas mileage

73charger440

There's very little stock on my car I was going for simplicity I'm putting a 900 cfm holly double pump carb on it and with a big block and the fire wall being completely gutted of electrical and everything else I was thinking it would make it easier to put together again and I'm trying to make it a show car so I'm trying to  eliminate anything that is unneeded

A383Wing

you will need to cap the tube nipple coming off the gas tank for that line then.