News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2015 Daytona Superbird Auto Club Picnic - Sunday 8/16

Started by Aero426, August 01, 2015, 08:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

The 2015 Daytona Superbird Auto Club Picnic is Sunday August 16th, New Berlin Wis.  For club cars and friends.  Bring your wing car, aero Ford or other collector car.  

Starts at 2 PM. RSVP to me. Let us know if you can bring a side dish or dessert. The club will provide pulled pork, brats and burgers. Always a good time.

wingcarenvy

Very cool, I wish I could make it but its a little too far for me to go.

Daytona Guy

Lighthorseman

Aero426

Great turnout on Sunday.    The weather was HOT, at or about 90, but with a breeze.     The first person pulled up about noon.   It was a truck I did not recognize from Iowa.   Turns out it  was Ramo Stott and his wife Judy.   They had driven 380 miles to come to the event.    That was so cool of them to do that.    It really made our day. 

Aero426

Ramo spent some time posing with fans.  Even those with Richard Petty hats  :lol:

Aero426

Some of the cars from the roof top.   The green 69 Road Runner is a pretty fierce sounding Hemi car. 

Aero426

Brothers John and Mark have owned this 500 at different times.   Mark (right side) said he was thinking of letting it go.   John snagged it. 

Aero426

Stan McGuire long hauled all the way from Des Moines Iowa.     Stan recently finished this Daytona clone.   He knows how to build a nice car.   And of course, when he arrived, the car was immaculate and with the A/C blowing cold.   Impressive car.   

Aero426

Aero426

Shirley's 1970 Mach 1 is immaculate.    Phil (former owner of the green C500) brought the Satellite Sebring Plus.   Jim Wurster's Petty Blue Bird.

Aero426

Steve's Daytona clone from Illinois is pretty cool.   More on this car later.   

Aero426

Steve Lueck's Talladega and Brian McArthur's 68 442 convert.   Brian just won a first in class award at the national Olds convention. 

Aero426

Hemi Rob's '69 RR and Mike Borkowski's EV2 Superbird.   Mike is the original owner.  440-4, with 4-speed.

Aero426

Mike and Deb Korneli's Jaguar XK120 race car.   It has an alloy body and was originally raced in Argentina. 

Aero426

Bill Waara's beautiful '67 GTX.

Aero426

PettyBird brought the Porch.   (It drives really nice.)     Be sure to ask him about the security guard at his hotel Sunday night. 

Aero426

Aero426

Trying to take my picture.

Aero426

Ramo 'splaning some racin stuff to Dave Moots.

Aero426

Ramo with Dave Moots out by the Superbird.

Mopar John

Aero426

Quote from: Mopar John on August 18, 2015, 04:53:37 PM
Doug,
Very nice turnout!
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, John.   It was a great time. 

Here, we are looking at old Stott family home movies. 

Aero426

Here is the Superbird in the 1972 Labor Day parade in Keokuk Iowa.

Ramo is wearing a coon skin hat.

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?