News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tell me if I'm using my test light correctly, testing fog lights

Started by WH23G3G, July 30, 2015, 06:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

Ok I got a 1999 Dodge Dakota R/T and wanting to fix my fog lights. Passenger side was missing when I bought the truck a few weeks ago. The connector was wrapped around the frame to keep it from hanging down. I got a new fog light assembly with new bulb and replaced it last night. I thought it was a done deal. But I pulled the switch out and nothing. All other lights on this truck work. There is suppose to be a fog light on indicator that lights up when on. It didn't light up. So I checked the fuse with the test light. It had power. Then I listened to see if the relay would click when I pulled the headlight switch in and out(that's how you turn the fog lights on-pull the switch out). I didn't hear any clicking on the relay but it appears to have been replaced before as all other relays had Mopar numbers on them. So last thing I did was look at the bulbs and they appeared to be good. So I turned on the switch and disconnected the connector at each fog light. They are two pin connectors. Well when I probed each terminal of the connector with the switch on both pins showed power. Then I checked the other fog light and the same thing. I had the test light end hooked to the negative battery terminal end while testing. Is that ok? Anyway what does it mean if both pins of a two pin connector show power with the switch on?

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701