News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

repop 69' Charger Grille:

Started by Captain D, July 16, 2015, 11:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hello all,

I did a search,  but nothing came up. Basically,  we came across the reproduction 69' Charger grilles sold on the huge 'Mopar Parts and Accessories Catalog.' In the book, the selling price is between $929.99 to $1, 049.99 and I was simply curious to see if there have been many buyers here,  what you thought of the quality,  the fitting,  etc.

Thank you for any and all feedback,
Aaron

Captain D

Whoops, I apologize for the error on my part. If mods need to delete to help free up space on here, I totally support. Thank you for the link!  :icon_smile_wink:

Lennard

:2thumbs:
I bought a new one myself and if you wait till they have a 30% off sale it will cost you less than $900.

Captain D

Hmmm, thank you for tip once more,  :2thumbs:. Yeah, I 'may' be in the market for one. My driver side grille door is a pain in the a$$. The studs keep popping out of the holes and it has difficulty going up - even by hand. The passenger side works as smooth as butter / like it was just made yesterday. The driver side - like a mule. As a postive note, mine 'looks' great...I just have a 'curfew' to get home before dark, lol. If I can't fix it, I may have to sell it and try one of these reproduction pieces. Thank you for the replies and info once again,
Aaron

Lennard

If your grille is in good shape other than the hick ups that you mentioned, I would just take it off the car and fix what is needed. Maybe all it takes is a $15 tube of Permatex two component plastic weld to fix it.

Captain D

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping to do and make a total swap / change as 'plan B.' I'm hoping to get a buddy or two to take a look at it and see what my options are. Since I've been striking out on finding these cool previous threads, lol, are there any older threads out there that gives a tutorial on 'how to' remove the grille, in general? This may make for a good potential 'winter project,'  ;). Of course, I'll also do some searches myself on here. I was just curious to ask in conjunction with my own searches. Thanks again for your time and input w/ everything!

Lennard

paironines

I'd like to see one mounted in a car. It doesn't seem like anyones done that yet unless I've missed it.

paironines

Sweet. It looks like the headlight door "sag" goes away.

joevhb

Has anyone installed the repo '68 grill? I have one on order and I guess I'm looking for encouragement. Thanks.

Lennard

Quote from: joevhb on August 27, 2015, 09:39:31 PM
Has anyone installed the repo '68 grill? I have one on order and I guess I'm looking for encouragement. Thanks.
Did you check the links in this topic?

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Lennard on August 27, 2015, 11:20:02 PM
Quote from: joevhb on August 27, 2015, 09:39:31 PM
Did you check the links in this topic?

I don't click links can you click it for me and tell me?  :shruggy:

Lennard