News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake pedel closser to the floor

Started by deepockets, August 16, 2015, 06:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deepockets

Just wondering if any one has run across something like this. I 'm upgrading  my car to disc on the front and power brakes (originaly it didn't have power brakes). Every thing is pretty straight forward with the pedal linkage that goes to the booster. The brake pedal is closer to the floor than the clutch pedal ( I never took note on how it was before). I would also have to move the brake light switch about an 1/4" to come in contact with the pedal. I don't have any fluid in the system, so the brakes are not bleed. The booster-master-linkage are all from Pirate Jacks. This is on a 1970 roadrunner.

A383Wing

brake pedal on a power brake car is closer to the floor by about 3"....you will have to adjust brake light switch

deepockets

Thanks A383Wing. That's about the distance that I have. I did find a link from B-Bodies only that shows I'm not alone on this.
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?93386-Brake-Pedal-Height-Issues

A383Wing

brake pedal should be about the same height as gas pedal on a power brake car