News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bung location for wideband o2 gauge

Started by 68charger440, July 21, 2015, 09:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger440

I am new to the whole a/f reading thing and I know there is a lot to learn, but it did get my car running much better than I could have done without it. I'm sure that many of you pro guys can do it without any help ...and I do mean that sincerely, but for me it was the best carb tuning aid I could ask for. Between that meter and Ron's help I got it dialed in in short order where I had been struggling for many months without it.  I saved myself time and also Ron's time by being able to feed him info quickly as we worked through tuning it.
I also said earlier in the thread that I didn't think that most people would ever need it on both banks.  I just had the extra and was saying it could be of some use in some situations, and even having it backwards as to what was being measured does not change the fact that some useful information can be had for the cost of that $2 bung that will otherwise sit on a shelf until the day I die.
I do really appreciate the explanation of what the meter is actually reading, and I should have thought it through more and it would have probably clicked, but the sarcasm about pics of 5 bungs is disappointing. I really like the respectfulness I usually see here.  If it was meant as humor then at least put a smiley next to it, but just the explanation would suffice. :cheers:
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

XH29N0G

68charger440, 

My apologies, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic about the 5 bungs at all - just funny - but that went over like a lead balloon - in print rather than in person backfired.  (The image of 5 bungs welded onto 2 exhaust pipes popped into my mind's eye and I couldn't get rid of it.)   :cheers:
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

BSB67

Quote from: 68charger440 on September 01, 2015, 10:02:11 PM
I am new to the whole a/f reading thing and I know there is a lot to learn, but it did get my car running much better than I could have done without it. I'm sure that many of you pro guys can do it without any help ...and I do mean that sincerely, but for me it was the best carb tuning aid I could ask for. Between that meter and Ron's help I got it dialed in in short order where I had been struggling for many months without it.  I saved myself time and also Ron's time by being able to feed him info quickly as we worked through tuning it.
I also said earlier in the thread that I didn't think that most people would ever need it on both banks.  I just had the extra and was saying it could be of some use in some situations, and even having it backwards as to what was being measured does not change the fact that some useful information can be had for the cost of that $2 bung that will otherwise sit on a shelf until the day I die.
I do really appreciate the explanation of what the meter is actually reading, and I should have thought it through more and it would have probably clicked, but the sarcasm about pics of 5 bungs is disappointing. I really like the respectfulness I usually see here.  If it was meant as humor then at least put a smiley next to it, but just the explanation would suffice. :cheers:

Wide band O2 sensors are a wonderful tools.  They will help anyone and everyone to get there stuff to run a little better.  But you need to understand what it is, what it does, and integrate that into the rest of the system components and other relevant info.  You will be doing yourself a huge favor if you do that.

Put in a second bung on the other bank and alternate the sensor between the two.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

68charger440

I will be edjucating myself more on the wideband readings, and just to show that I do have a sense of humor, here is my new setup with the other 4 bungs installed.  Once I rubber band and glue the 5 gauges to my steering wheel I'll be running 10 sec quarters in no time and I'll also be able to detect a few Higgs Bozons along the way. :smilielol: :slap:
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

cdr

Quote from: 68charger440 on September 02, 2015, 09:06:08 AM
I will be edjucating myself more on the wideband readings, and just to show that I do have a sense of humor, here is my new setup with the other 4 bungs installed.  Once I rubber band and glue the 5 gauges to my steering wheel I'll be running 10 sec quarters in no time and I'll also be able to detect a few Higgs Bozons along the way. :smilielol: :slap:

thats COOOL !!!!! I need to do that.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr