News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger Engine Wire Harness

Started by 69ChargerGL01, July 14, 2015, 12:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69ChargerGL01

:chatting: Hey guys, I have a 69 charger 440 not a six pack,  My engine harness got chewed on by a mouse ( lil bastard   :rant: ) I have a spare but its looks to have different ballist resistor and voltage regulator wires. like it set up for electric  :brickwall:  and my car is set up for standard,  I have 2 prong things and this harness is set up for 4 prong, I know the rubber boot connector is for the voltge regulator looks like a electric one.  I know I have the wrong harness, or what not, cause all other connectors match up perfectly.  Yearone just has stock photos and I cant understand which is the right one and maybe I can just mod this one. I could tell my old one was modded to begin with. Could you guys post perhaps post some pictures of harnesses with lables  so I can see. Yearone like I said all have stock photos that don't show me anything.  Coming up empty on what I need to do to Mod my harness that I guess I need to do. theres also a separate long grey wire coming off the harness with a single flat connector, Its coming off the main part of the harness right where the ballist resistor and voltage regulator come off of.  Its not for the tach but looks like it.. Don't know what that is.  :smilie_help:  

Pete in NH

Hi,

It sounds like your spare harness is from a 72 and up car. The 4 prong ballast connector is for the later electronic ignition system Chrysler introduced in 1972. The voltage regulator connector also sounds like it s for a later car than your 69.

There are changes you can make to adapt those connections but there may be other differences in the bulk head connector pin outs and with out a wire by wire tracing comparing your later harness to a 69 you will not really know if you can adapt that later harness. I would not count on the ballast and regulator connectors being the only differences. The gray wire is for the oil pressure sending unit.

I suspect it would be easier to repair your original 69 harness.  I would unwrap the damaged part, splice in some new sections of wire, soldering and using shrink tubing on the ends of the spliced sections and re-wrap with tape

69ChargerGL01

Interesting thanks pete, I might have to. everything looks the same as for as those wires.

comet_666

You can buy a new engine harness for less than $100 from YO

Dino

Quote from: comet_666 on July 14, 2015, 07:56:06 PM
You can buy a new engine harness for less than $100 from YO

Does that include the $85 to ship it?   :D
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

comet_666