News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Show us yer pole.......

Started by 440, July 12, 2015, 05:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flagpole that is.

I've been looking at getting a flag pole and curious as to what others think of different set ups. Flag poles also seem to vary wildley in price from $60 - $1900. I'm after a quality residential flag pole, nothing too extreme. A noisy clanging pole would drive me crazy (and my neighbors) so I think I've narrowed it down to the following.

20 - 25 ft one piece tapered pole with internal haylard as they are much quieter. From what I gather this set up will run around $700 but I rather pay a bit more for quality than cheap crap.

I thought about the cheaper quality sectional DIY style poles but how do they last? They are still $300.... Telescopic type poles seem like a waste of time, are they?

Hmm, nobody has any experience with flagpoles ?

lukedukem

i have one at my bay house, but i have no pics. i made it out of 1.5 PVC and it only stands about 10'. but its been there for years.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

twodko

I don't have one myself but have thought about getting
one on occassion. The ones I looked at were the ones with
internal lanyards as well and were mounted on a concrete
base with a pivot mechanism whereby the pole once bolted
in place with a single main pivot bolt and flag(s)
attached was the tilted up and locked in place with a pin bolt.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!