News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Really getting tired of Rockauto

Started by Dino, July 09, 2015, 12:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

A few years ago I ordered 4 power window motors.  I received 2 that were the ones I wanted and 2 that were different part numbers and models.  I sent them back and asked for the ones I wanted so they ship me the same ones I sent them...  When I explain to them that the part I need is the part pictured with a particular number, they claim they both function the same.  There was just no reasoning with them.

Last week I ordered Trico wiper blades and they send me the Napa blades.  Sure they fit but they are not the same and even look different.  I'm really fed up with these guys and I'm done ordering from them.

Anyone else have these problems with them?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

John_Kunkel

I think it's unreasonable to expect a place that deals in replacement parts to adhere to any "restoration correct" standards.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Aero426

I use Rock Auto for some replacement items, like brake pads and rotors.  It is probably not reasonable to expect the same service you might get over the counter from your local Napa or trusted parts store.  

Rock Auto is a store front and order interface.   They don't stock the stuff.    

Dino

I disagree.  If I order part number 33150 then I expect to receive part number 33150.  I don't think I'm asking for anything special here.   :shruggy:

If they had said you could receive any of these part numbers that will fit your car then different story. 

Charger-Bodie

I'm with Dirk on this . If they offer two part numbers and he order one of the two he should get what he ordered . Or at least the courtesy to send him a message saying we are out of this number will this other part work for you?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

garner7555

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on July 09, 2015, 02:13:23 PM
I'm with Dirk on this . If they offer two part numbers and he order one of the two he should get what he ordered . Or at least the courtesy to send him a message saying we are out of this number will this other part work for you?

I agree!   :yesnod:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Baldwinvette77

Hasn't happened yet for me.....YET  :lol:

Pete in NH

I but quite a bit of stuff from Rock Auto and they have always sent me exactly what I ordered. There have been a few screw ups like the time they sent me a box with no part inside and a defective catalytic converter that was made incorrectly. Each time they promptly made things right. No complaints here.

toocheaptosmoke

I built half my car from rock auto...   I have gotten some "equivalents" a couple times, but they were generally acceptable.  I have found that some of the best deals can be the "wholesale closeouts"  of name brand parts under other store names.  I recently got a car quest labeled moog pitman arm for 10 bucks as compared to $60!  It can be a gamble sometimes though, but a few times I've bought brand unknown parts for dirt cheap and got lucky with old stock USA made stuff.   :2thumbs:

Dino

I've never had issues with them ordering parts for our other cars, but the power window motor order was just a mess.  It wasn't just that they sent me the wrong part, it was their attitudes as well.  They really couldn't be bothered with me.  Now they did it again!  The whole point of having part numbers is to order exactly what you want and that's just not the case with them.  They even had a picture of the part I wanted and still they sent me something else.

Generic parts are fine if they work but in the case of the window motors, they had different bodies and they just wouldn't fit.  Now I have wipers that have springs between frame and blade and it's ugly as hell.  I ordered Trico's like my originals and got something else so I don't know if I want to deal with them again.

I'll have to pay more elsewhere but at least I don't have to deal with this bs.

c00nhunterjoe

My local parts stores can get the trico classics next day for me. Call your local parts dealers.

rt green

I ordered an o2 sensor for the wife's park ave to fix a lean code. installed it. still  ran like shit and I thought maybe I was on the wrong track. it did need a battery and it had low fuel pressure along with the gas gauge was going crazy. replaced the fuel pump with a good ac delco and thought my problems were over. wrong. I cleaned the mass air flow. no change. the new o2 on the scanner looked like it was fine and doing its job. after messing with this thing for too long, I took it to work and had our driveability guy look it. took him awhile to figure it out. after another o2 sensor, the car ran good. if I had bought a good one in the first place locally, I would've saved myself a couple hundred bucks and a lot of grief.   the one I got from rock auto was a name brand part. I didn't bother yelling at them about it.  I was just happy the car was running.  little gun shy about doing business with them again.
third string oil changer

beedees

Used parts in new boxes, wrong parts, incomplete - wrong descritions To He** with those f$%*@, they are nothing more than brokers.

Dino

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on July 10, 2015, 10:32:52 PM
My local parts stores can get the trico classics next day for me. Call your local parts dealers.

I'll do that.  I'll give the tiny Carquest by me a shot first, they have always treated me very well.

69wannabe

I got the parts that I ordered from rock auto and I thought I was getting a good deal til I got the receipt when my parts arrived three different time's. They really stuck it to me on the three shipping charge's!!! I would have come out better to go to my local part's store and picked up the parts myself and I would have saved a ton on shipping. I guess they shipped them from three different warehouses, I guess that's in the fine print somewhere and I didn't read that far down!!

Dino

Yes you really need to pay attention when placing an order.  If it comes from one warehouse then no problem, but I've had the same happen to me as well.  I just canceled my order when at check out it said 4 parts were coming from 3 different locations.

Oh well, it was a great place for quite a while and I ordered plenty parts with no issues, but now I really don't feel like dealing with them again.  It'll be local part stores from now on I suppose.

charger Downunder

I Changed to using these guys, a lot cheaper in freight to Australia, plus the get back to you with a total freight cost before you commit to buy.

http://www.discountautoparts.com/catalog-1/vehicle/dodge/1969/charger/_/electrical-motors
[/quote]

Ghoste

I miss the days of the good old fashioned "mom and pop" auto parts stores.