News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

$162.00 to ship seat backs???

Started by VegasCharger, July 10, 2015, 05:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

Awful lot of $$$ to charge for shipping for some seat backs :shruggy:

eBay seller are you sure that doesn't include the whole pair of bucket seats???

Maybe a typo? I read it all the way through and did not see any posted corrections.

He/she even has a bidder on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/71-74-DODGE-CHARGER-BLACK-SEAT-BACKS-GTX-ROAD-RUNNER-CUDA-CHALLENGER-SATELLITE-/201384581851?hash=item2ee374dadb&vxp=mtr#shpCntId

A383Wing

that's why he has such a low bidding price, he is hoping to make up the difference in shipping costs

1970Moparmann

It must do an auto calculation because mine shows $107.    He must have put a large size in the fields.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Dino

Mine says $74.94 for shipping.  Still an awful lot. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

birdsandbees

Well they're too lazy to even ship across the imaginary line... so I can't say what it is to me.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

VegasCharger

Quote from: A383Wing on July 10, 2015, 08:39:50 AM
that's why he has such a low bidding price, he is hoping to make up the difference in shipping costs

That's what I was thinking. As an eBay buyer at times, when I see a seller shading the item price over to the shipping cost it's a major turn off for me. I can see shading $5-$10 and maybe $15 but $50 - $100 no way. What the seller is doing is getting you to open up his listing. And then only for you to see the shipping cost then you're majorly turned off.

Paul G

I have seen shipping charges for large items get nuts. Businesses get a break on shipping for some reason, but regular people do not. He may have just used a shipping estimator based on box dimensions and zip codes, and thats what it came up with. ??
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

A383Wing

I typed in my zip code and it gave me the $162 shipping quote....doesn't seem like "economy shipping" to me

472 R/T SE

Just recently I about got nabbed.  Pretty ingenious, the price was like only $10 or so less so the thought of being gouged on shipping never occurred.  I got lucky & noticed before hitting "Buy it Now".

jaak

That's an old trick people use to use on eBay (doesn't work anymore, because they changed their policy, I think) but some sellers still do it. Basically (it used to) save the seller what they had to pay ebay on their final fees. Use to, ebay calculated the final fee on selling price, not including shipping. So if you had an item worth 100 bucks, list it for 99 cents, charge 100 for shipping... get what you want for the item, then you only had to pay final fee on 99 cents. Its shady, I never done it, and I have never purchased an item listed like that. Because folks were doing that now ebay calculates final fee off of selling price and shipping.... which sorta hurts if you sell big stuff, because if you charge more for shipping it affects your final fee.

Jason

daytona71

Even the big Classic parts companies over charge on shipping. I ordered $31.00 of parts, confirmed 22.95 for shipping. Printed out my confirmation order form. Next day get a call saying there is now like a $50.00 shipping surcharge, after they had already confirmed my order. I cancelled the order. Shipping costs have gotten way out of line

472 R/T SE

What happened to these companies charging extra to help recoup fuel costs?

Fuel is cheaper now so shouldn't it coincide with charges?