News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2006 Ram diesel issues

Started by Paul G, July 11, 2015, 09:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

A club member is having issues with his truck. Not knowing much about diesels myself, I know someone here might. It is an 06 Ram 2500, automatic. No check engine light.

What it is doing;

It is idling at 500 rpm when in gear instead of 750

When you put it from drive to neutral it revs up to 2500 by itself, then down to 750

The 1 to 2 shift is firmer than normal

When in drive, just letting off the brake, not touching the accelerator, and it revs from 500 up to 1500 and pulls away by itself

Any ideas?
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

John L

Paul,
I had a very similar issue (not exactly but similar) on my 03 Ram diesel. Have him check the crank position sensor. It's on the lower drivers side of the engine. Look at the front of the engine behind the lower crank pulley, you will see a wheel with notches around the circumference. There is a sensor mounted just above and to the side of this wheel. Pull the electrical connection and hit it hard with WD 40 and then fill it with dielectric grease. Mine use to get water in it and cause a very rough and surging idle. It may take a few tries but that always ended up solving the issue. Hope this may help.

John

Todd Wilson

FCA = Fuel Control Actuator. Cummins Part # 4932457

Todd