News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Plum Crazy 70 Charger 318?

Started by 68pplcharger, July 06, 2015, 11:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68pplcharger

Was doing research on my car by going to a local farm that has several hundred cars left from the seventies and eighties. I cam across a Plum crazy 1970 many years ago that was almost rusted completely away. I thought I would take a picture of the Vin, since I was back on the farm, and see what the car had in it originally. I'm certain the car was plum crazy originally, there was over spray on the steering column brackets that was plum crazy. I couldn't see someone repainting the car when it was only about ten years old and going to the detail to take apart dash back then either. Car also had black interior and a black vinyl top.

So could you get a plum crazy color on a 318 charger? I didn't think there was restriction, but would like to know anyway. VIN XH20G0Gxxxxxx

F8-4life

Yes you could, would like to see some pics.

68pplcharger

Thanks, next time I'm out there I'll snap some of the car

Ghoste

Sure could, and yeah, send us some pics.  :2thumbs:

tan top

:o  would like to see pictures  :yesnod: :cheers:  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

472 R/T SE

Your 4 speed car could come from the factory without a tach too. 

Purple happens to be the fastest color Ma Mopar produced in '70.   ;)

Dodge Don

If you have not already please register the car with the 70 Charger Registry.

http://1970chargerregistry.com/

Thanks.

68pplcharger

I'll do that, I'm not going to put an address since it's in a farmers field. At least it will be registered. I'll also put a note that the car is rusted beyond repair and that 75% of the car has been parted out. I will get some pictures before I send in the form...

68pplcharger

Going back this weekend to pick up a few misc items i need for my 68. I'll get some good picks of the poor rusted 70 while I'm there

Nwcharger

I bet I know who your talking about.I Was there last month looking threw all the cars there. Kinda sad. Owner of the farm is a great guy tho.
1969 coronet wagon

68pplcharger

There's only one mopar graveyard in Northern Kentucky, so I'm sure you do know about it. 30 years ago there was ten times what he has now. He has cleared most of them out only leaving what is there now for guys like us trying to get odds and ends to piece together some lost cause. Sad to see some of those cars rusted away. There is a few cool cars, beyond repair, that would have been cool to know about 15 years ago. I know a Convertible 69 Roadrunner was there about ten years ago. looked like a lost cause , but it's gone now. He also told me a story about a 69 RT/SE that was rusted in half with a tree growing threw the middle of it... Someone wouldn't take no for an answer so he finally agreed to sell it. He kept the good ones for himself. He has two Superbirds(one hemi and one 440 car) and an A990 funny car. It used to sit outside for years, but finally migrated inside before it was damaged. Just the tip of the iceberg for the cars that sat on that farm over the years. Been going there since I was 17...

Nwcharger

Quote from: 68pplcharger on October 07, 2015, 03:03:38 PM
There's only one mopar graveyard in Northern Kentucky, so I'm sure you do know about it. 30 years ago there was ten times what he has now. He has cleared most of them out only leaving what is there now for guys like us trying to get odds and ends to piece together some lost cause. Sad to see some of those cars rusted away. There is a few cool cars, beyond repair, that would have been cool to know about 15 years ago. I know a Convertible 69 Roadrunner was there about ten years ago. looked like a lost cause , but it's gone now. He also told me a story about a 69 RT/SE that was rusted in half with a tree growing threw the middle of it... Someone wouldn't take no for an answer so he finally agreed to sell it. He kept the good ones for himself. He has two Superbirds(one hemi and one 440 car) and an A990 funny car. It used to sit outside for years, but finally migrated inside before it was damaged. Just the tip of the iceberg for the cars that sat on that farm over the years. Been going there since I was 17...

I'm guessing you know Rick as well.
1969 coronet wagon

68pplcharger

C_stripes

Here are a couple pics from when I was there with John a couple weeks ago.

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

68pplcharger

I have retrieved a lot of parts from that green 68 in your pics. I need a roller assembly and a stop bracket for the quarter glass out of that car. My trip tomorrow morning...

C_Stripes you live in the area now or just visiting? I graduated with John, pretty cool guy

C_stripes

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

68pplcharger

The plum crazy purple car was only twenty feet from were the green 68 sits. I've got pick of it now but can't post until Monday.

68pplcharger

Plum crazy Charger pics

68pplcharger

Interesting pics of an old Convertible 69 Satellite, nothing wrong with it but a bad trans. All there still, but not worth saving. Been sitting there rusting for about thirty years. It does have a good convertible top frame for anyone interested... 

472 R/T SE

Back around '84 I went to a car show @ Wheels-n-Spokes in Hays, Ks. and there was a purple '70 Charger with white interior & top, 318 car.  That was the car that got me searching for one similar to it.  Of course it was a super nice rig & won it's class IIRC.  It took 20 years to get into a purple '70 Charger but I finally did. 

Sort of off topic>
North of WnS was an original black with white interior, top, longitudal stripe, luggage rack & I'm thinking sunroof.  It was for sale short time after seeing the purple car so I called WnS & asked Jerry Junemann what the going price would be for something like that.  He immediately tried talking me out of it telling me they had a '74-75ish Charger that would be a better rig.  That effin' Juneman went & bought it out from under me.  I learned a valuable lesson that day.   :brickwall:   We wouldn't say we were friends but knew each other on a 1st name basis.

68pplcharger

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 15, 2015, 07:01:44 PM
Back around '84 I went to a car show @ Wheels-n-Spokes in Hays, Ks. and there was a purple '70 Charger with white interior & top, 318 car.  That was the car that got me searching for one similar to it.  Of course it was a super nice rig & won it's class IIRC.  It took 20 years to get into a purple '70 Charger but I finally did.  

Sort of off topic>
North of WnS was an original black with white interior, top, longitudal stripe, luggage rack & I'm thinking sunroof.  It was for sale short time after seeing the purple car so I called WnS & asked Jerry Junemann what the going price would be for something like that.  He immediately tried talking me out of it telling me they had a '74-75ish Charger that would be a better rig.  That effin' Juneman went & bought it out from under me.  I learned a valuable lesson that day.   :brickwall:   We wouldn't say we were friends but knew each other on a 1st name basis.

That sucks and I know what you're talking about... I had a 69 Road Runner that was bought out from under me about twenty years ago.
This is sort of off topic as well, but relates to the old cars at this farm:
I wish had a place to store cars when i was in college. That old 69 Satellite was salvageable back then and, as stated earlier 100% there. Would have bought it in a second. The 70 purple Charger was also salvageable and would have been sitting next to it. A third car was a 70 plum crazy Cuda' with white interior. that car was pretty much stripped, but the body was there and virtually rust free. I think it was a front end collision. but it didn't do any damage to the inner fenders or main body. If I only knew, my now good friend, Scotty (who has a huge farm and storage barn)I could have bought those and saved them until I was out of college....  :brickwall: At least I have my beautiful plum crazy 68 with white interior now. She'll be ready for the first day of spring.  :coolgleamA:

Tmb84

I found a buildsheet of a 70' charger 318, plum crazy, white interior and i think it also had white top. Vin number is posted in my own post

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,112092.msg1378390.html#msg1378390
70' Charger 383 -top banana
71' hemicuda Sox&Martin "tribute"

marshallfry01

So is a plum crazy 318 car worth more than the same car that is a different color?
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

68pplcharger

Original "High Impact color" cars tend to go for a little more money.