News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"When only MOPAR will do"

Started by b5blue, July 04, 2015, 06:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Stopped by my buddy Steve's tranny shop yesterday so he could verify my kick down linkage setting with the new intake/carb I'm running. Talking with the guys I mentioned the Jeep had an intermittent no start issue I suspected was due to the CPS failing. Having mentioned the original had lasted 21 years and the replacement was 4 years old spurred a conversation about service replacement parts quality.
The bad news was they had found many suppliers like Standard and NAPA had gone down hill but the good news was MOPAR factory parts quality was top notch. It took some searching to find a MOPAR CPS for the Jeep, my dealer said discontinued. I'll install the new Standard bought a week ago but have the Mopar on the way. It's getting hard to find factory parts for a 26 year old Jeep much less our old Chargers but it had me thinking ARE there any factory parts available newly made? The ECU and dizzy problems had many of us pulling our hair out for quite some time so they do not fit the top quality profile, somehow the ball got dropped there. (I blame the bean counters on that one, trying to keep cost lower.)
My AMD rear bumper has rust speckles after sitting on the car about a year and the made in USA Trim Parts door handles chrome looks like crap already after mostly just sitting on the covered carport for 3 years. So my test of new chrome parts fail the just put it on the car with no wax or sealer test. (No matter where it's made.) How are you guys with fairing with newer Chrysler products?  :shruggy:     

myk

I've been fairly lucky in that I haven't had to replace or rely on anything Mopar branded for the last 20 years.  Suspension pieces, electronics, ignition, fuel, are all aftermarket and seem to be quality.  We'll see though, as I don't put many miles on the car and maybe it's just a matter of time.  I am glad that for quality electronic distributors we have Firecore and Ron's expertise to back it all up.  My '97 Z28 for example has no, none,  ZERO replacements that are considered quality beyond the OEM units.  Once you have to replace that distributor you roll the dice with what's out there and 99% of it sucks...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"