News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daughters car

Started by poppa, June 29, 2015, 06:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

Is a 2002 Mazda Millenia and she got to work this am and I guess smoke and green fluid were abundantly present. I can't see much now but she thinks it was gushing out the overflow. Water pump? Thermostat? Blockage? Any ideas ?How can I check the water pump on this? It's a 2.5. Thanks
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

A383Wing

first guess would be head gasket if it was gushing out the overflow bottle...combustion pressure in the cooling system will push coolant out

poppa

thanks for the quick reply. I did a little more investigating ,the heater hoses are both hot ,the radiator is not. Both top and bottom hoses are warm/hot close to the engine and cool close to the radiator. My guess would be plugged radiator ,maybe thermostat. The thermostat is at the end of the bottom hose. Any thoughts?? Thank you in advance.

Just in case , she just had the valve cover gaskets replaced. They were leaking and smelling up the car.

Dino

Cheap and quick fix: replace t-stat and have the radiator flushed.  You can check functionality of the waterpump by using a garden hose to feed the system with the top hose removed.  If it doesn't gush out it's probably bad.  My guess is on crap in the rad though.   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

TCB

Does this belong on a dodgecharger forum?  I suggest going to a Mazda forum for your answers.  :patriot:

twenty mike mike

Quote from: TCB on June 29, 2015, 09:41:04 PM
Does this belong on a dodgecharger forum?  I suggest going to a Mazda forum for your answers.  :patriot:

DodgeCharger.com Forum > Discussion Boards > Car Guys Discussion

All cars.

A383Wing

Dino

Additionaly we take care of our members and help them in any way we can with whatever the issue may be.  This isn't moparts.

polywideblock

Quote from: Dino on June 29, 2015, 09:58:44 PM
Additionaly we take care of our members and help them in any way we can with whatever the issue may be.  This isn't moparts.

well said    :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

myk

Bazzinga!
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

1970Moparmann

Amen, agree.   
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

TCB

I agree with the team when it comes to helping others.

But if I was hoping to find some quick, pertinent, specific information about a Mazda, this forum should be a low expectation.  I'd spend my time searching the internet on the many Mazda dedicated sites.  For kicks I did just that, and came up with lots of valuable information specific to this problem.

So I'll leave it at that.  Sorry to seem harsh.  

Dino

Quote from: TCB on June 30, 2015, 04:08:46 PM
I agree with the team when it comes to helping others.

But if I was hoping to find some quick, pertinent, specific information about a Mazda, this forum should be a low expectation.  I'd spend my time searching the internet on the many Mazda dedicated sites.  For kicks I did just that, and came up with lots of valuable information specific to this problem.

So I'll leave it at that.  Sorry to seem harsh.  

That's cool man, don't sweat it.

There's some very knowledgable people here that know a lot of stuff, regardless of car brand, so it's easy to get an answer here.  Stick around and you'll find out.   :2thumbs:

Troy

Funny thing is: if you ask a question about a new Charger the first 5 responses will tell you to go to another forum... :P

Hope it's just a thermostat! Other options sound sucky.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Lennard

Quote from: Troy on June 30, 2015, 04:51:06 PM
Funny thing is: if you ask a question about a new Charger the first 5 responses will tell you to go to another forum... :P

Troy

That's only if it's the first post by a new member. :lol:

poppa

When I posted this at a Mazda site I decided to copy it and put it here. I think I got more/better responses here. That's why I post here. I have hoped to help others here as well but ,it always seems like someone beats me with what I would have said. I am not really "close" to anyone nor do I know anyone personally but , I would trust what most people here say. That is why this was posted here. Thanks to all that have helped me over the years. Let this end here without becoming a p_ssing match like it would on other sites.He is new.  :cheers:

Silver R/T

Additionaly we take care of our members and help them in any way we can with whatever the issue may be.  This isn't moparts.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Lord Warlock

Don't have one of those, but have a 94 Miata, its a Mazda, and has been giving me fits with its cooling system.  Went thru mine piece by piece, even did the Head Gasket on it last week.  An overheat from a failed thermostat can make it overflow at the tank, that's what mine did back in December.  Kept running hot after changing the thermostat so replaced the radiator which was old, then the hoses, then water pump, then the fans, then fuses and relays, when I drove it last It wasn't boiling over but it got hotter than it should have, mostly when at a stoplight, so I pulled the head just in case.  The water passages on about half of the head had gotten clogged with some type of debris/oily dirt.  Should run better now, will know soon enough tomorrow. 

In Hindsight, I should have removed the thermostat then done a major league flush job on the block and hoses, then put the thermostat in and updated the water pump and hoses, I skipped that part last time I had the timing belt done...mistake.  Live and learn.  The Miata was my daughters car when she was in High School, It wasn't practical hauling anything to school so got her something different, now I'm left with a project car I never use. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.