News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat Belt OCD

Started by Ghoste, June 26, 2015, 07:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

This is really stupid I realize but I'm lucky enough that nothing worse is happening in my life at the moment.  Does it bother anyone else when the rear seat belts that aren't clipped to the plastic holders slide around?  Normally I can easily and always wait until after I'm done driving the car to arrange them all nice and neatly laid out on the rear seat but this morning I caught myself reaching back there while driving to straighten them.  This is really just a petty rant and a highlight of my own shortcomings since I have no intention of taping them to the seat or starching the belt or anything like that.
rant off

Lennard

Buckle in your favorite teddy bear and get over it!  :nana:

myk

That reminds me, I gotta get some rear belts, but at least I don't have to worry about arranging them lol...

Bronzedodge

It bothers me because two of the three clips are broken, and they are hard to find in their gold/saddle color.  Looked for them for almost two decades.
Mopar forever!

Back N Black

I do the exact same, even when i get out of the car i put the driver seat belt in the proper location. :pity:

twenty mike mike

I think I had my '69 GTS for over a year before I noticed the clips, so that was REALLY annoying.  :icon_smile_angry:

BananaDan

Quote from: Bronzedodge on June 29, 2015, 09:17:18 AM
It bothers me because two of the three clips are broken, and they are hard to find in their gold/saddle color.  Looked for them for almost two decades.

Herb's has a line of Mopar interior paints. Why not get a black set of the clips that are readily available and paint them?
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

green69rt

Quote from: Ghoste on June 26, 2015, 07:58:34 AM
This is really stupid I realize but I'm lucky enough that nothing worse is happening in my life at the moment.  Does it bother anyone else when the rear seat belts that aren't clipped to the plastic holders slide around?  Normally I can easily and always wait until after I'm done driving the car to arrange them all nice and neatly laid out on the rear seat but this morning I caught myself reaching back there while driving to straighten them.  This is really just a petty rant and a highlight of my own shortcomings since I have no intention of taping them to the seat or starching the belt or anything like that.
rant off

OK, I gotta ask...what clips??  All I can remember on my old charger is that the rear seat belts would lie in a pile on the rear seat unless I arranged them neatly or shoved them down between the seat and the back??  Any one have a pic?

Back N Black

Quote from: green69rt on July 20, 2015, 06:44:13 PM
rant off

OK, I gotta ask...what clips??  All I can remember on my old charger is that the rear seat belts would lie in a pile on the rear seat unless I arranged them neatly or shoved them down between the seat and the back??  Any one have a pic?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,2226.0.html

Dino

$29 shipped from Vans.  I've had them in my cart for months but now I've decided to put 3 point retractable belts in the rear as well so no point getting the clips.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

green69rt

Quote from: Back N Black on July 20, 2015, 07:32:31 PM
Quote from: green69rt on July 20, 2015, 06:44:13 PM
rant off

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,2226.0.html

Thanks, another item to get.