News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ebay/confederate flag ban

Started by jar1292, June 23, 2015, 08:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: JB400 on July 10, 2015, 11:11:56 AM
The flag came down, but not without a hefty price tag :o

http://news.yahoo.com/south-carolinas-confederate-flag-comes-down-friday-073348446.html

Wait for the protests on how expensive of a storage place that flag will be housed in  :popcrn: It's next.

Lord Warlock

They can store it here if they want.  I'll take good care of it.  Never had the urge to fly the rebel flag in the front yard next to the US flag, as It would surely upset a couple neighbors who are not from the south, but telling me I can't just makes me want to fly it more.  Just ordered 3 new rebel flags, I call it that because it isn't truly the confederate flag, its the battle flag, and since this is an ongoing battle that's when people fly it today.   I'll be mounting a second flagpole up front, and on flag day it will be out there with old glory, and it will join the US flag on the Garage wall and be in plain view of anyone looking into the garage. 

Don't like it? best try to say so from the street, step in the yard and voice it and you'll get sprayed with a hose.  As soon as the flap over the flag is buried, the race baiters will be blaming southern statues, they'll be demanding cities and schools change their names, and they'll outlaw books, music, and anything that the south loves, even though the south is the strongest voting block in the US.  Just wait, in 10 years we may see some reversals of attitudes.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

skip68

I'm just glad that it's over.  The flag has been taken down so now all the racism is done.  No more riots and stuff.   Just the little things now.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Lord Warlock

Sure is gonna tick off the left when the south starts flying the correct flag of the confederacy and they don't know what it is, because they didn't learn history in school, just what the wonky left has told them before each protest.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

polywideblock

you could always confuse the crap out of them and fly the Australian "rebel flag "   our own "stars and bars"

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Lord Warlock

Think the sympathetic neighbors may join together to fly the flag together, was looking outside and counting flags and everyone who still has a flag up also has a confederate flag available for use.  Ordered 3, plan on flying one and having a backup.  Next door neighbor  says he'll take the extra one.  Until this blows over and can get nicer ones later.

DeltaV

The Bonnie Blue is an option for rebels
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

myk

Quote from: DeltaV on July 10, 2015, 08:39:17 PM
The Bonnie Blue is an option for rebels

Until "they" find out it's associated with rebels like the Confederate flag is.   Their goal is to eradicate history, not necessarily attack an inanimate object...

Mike DC

The most unrealistic thing about that scene (in the DOH movie) is that a confederate flag on a car in Georgia was even provoking comments at all.  

Lord Warlock

If you look at the pics, the only ones that would even have a chance of seeing the roof would be those in a tall SUV, like the first two pics, the others are actually too low to see the roof. 

Mike DC

Yep.

And if you look even harder at that scene, you notice that Charger must be sitting jacked up a foot or two off the ground just to make it work like that.  They may have had to raise & lower it slightly to match the height of each passing car. 

RallyeMike

I'm so confused. Half the ticket holders with their rebel flag tats will no longer be welcome in the grandstand?

QuoteWell, the Nascar tracks just banned the flag:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/nascar-tracks-make-request-for-fans-to-not-fly-confederate-flag-153035839.html

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Lord Warlock

they can still wear a flag, just can't carry in and wave a flag in the stands most likely.  A sad state of affairs for the restriction of one part of the country to use a symbol they relate to, that spawned the sport in the first place but now in order for all to enjoy we cannot identify as southerners anymore. ...good luck with that, they've tried this before and it didn't stick.  I doubt many blacks were upset with the flag symbols at NASCAR, it tends to be a strong white sport for the most part where we still get a majority of players that aren't black, not that anyone counts them anyway, anyone can drive, just some drive better than others.

With facebook set to ban posts with the confederate flag where will this madness stop? They are trying to squash every last little bit.

I hope for every flag that comes down five more go up. One in every neighborhood as a reminder.

Lord Warlock

It won't stop till there is no public representation of the confederacy whatsoever.  The only places it will live is in the home and heart, until it can rise again.  When the people need a standard to bear in the future, it will be dug out and revived, but only after the past is forgotten for the most part.  Luckily it won't be forgotten in 20 to 30 years.  Some of us will remember.

Mike DC

I do agree with that. 

I think some people basically don't believe the rural south/midwest has any right to be proud of itself, period.  They don't say it in so many words but that is what their feelings about all the individual questions add up to.  So naturally when they hear "heritage not hate" they smell a lie.  It doesn't match their worldview at all. 

Lord Warlock

I am surprised that they went after cemetery and statues of old heros, they haven't preached any hate in a very long time and don't deserve to be forgotten.  Although I've seen first hand what the current crop of educators teach about the civil war with my own kids going through it, it isn't much, nor detailed on who did what, who won where and why.  They skim over it to focus on other parts they prefer to, and the kids miss out.  If you want them to really know and understand, I guess future generations will have to visit battlefields like I did growing up.  At least there, we learned the truth.  Probably a reason why I liked the south more growing up.  Living near Manassas VA also tended to influence a little (south wins)

Mike DC

The NAACP is probably reaching too far with this.  It won't win enough public support like the flag thing did.  This will just fuel the backlash.

Lord Warlock

We need to start voicing the similarities of the NAACP to ISIS or ISIL whatever it is, they too want to erase the past that doesn't suit their present position, and hold no reverence to the past, only their future.  

The people from Atlanta need to understand that just because Atlanta disagrees with something, the rest of the state may have something to say about removing statues and large tourist attractions, plus I read that they got a whole 500 signatures from people around the nation that want the statue torn down...500 from around the country? a pittance of people, and they needed the entire country to come up with that small  a number? we get that at a single high school football game.  Plus, what do confederate states care what the rest of the country wants anyway, you want freedom from southern symbols, stay north of the mason Dixon and you get what you want.  
Its a new war, a war of small minds who can't see the big picture.

I'd vote for the removal of the naacp, if white people cannot have such a group, the blacks should not either.  Only fair. Everyone knows how to sue each other by now, they don't need them anymore.  Then again, I'd vote to drop the UN into the ocean or move it to S.Africa where it belongs.  And stop paying for it ourselves, we get nothing out of the UN, never have. 

el dub

entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Mike DC

Caucasians have activist groups too.  Just not large, moderate, mainstream, respected ones.

--------------------------------------------------

500 signatures?  If that's really call the NAACP can get against the Stone Mountain carving then this is a non-story.  

The cross-burners could whip out 500 signatures to put Dylan Roof on the presidential ballot.  

JB400

Well, this nonsense just went local for me as well.  First, some background history.  During the war, a band of Confederates in sw MO, went across the MoKan border, and burnt several Union forts.  These Confederates were called Bushwackers.  Lincoln, in response, ordered the Union in Ks. to raid and burn all towns in Mo. along the border.  My hometown is one of these towns that was raided and burnt.

To commemorate our local history, my town has a festival called Bushwacker Days, and even have a museum with the same name.  Now, they're talking about renaming the festival and the museum. :brickwall:  Confederate flags don't even get flown during the festival, or even sold.  It's just the name.

Lord Warlock

every white group unfortunately is automatically labeled as a racist group, just by the fact that whites are "gathering".  For some reason its like the nation thinks that the larger the group of white people gathered into one space, the more racist it is.  No one ever seems to ask or check  to see that any race is welcome to appear.  For instance, the Tea Party movement a few years back, kept hearing how racist it was but saw plenty of different colors at the gatherings. We all know about a period of time some people wore robes and did some despicable things, but even that group wasn't as bad as made out to be, at least not in its heyday early in the 1900s  when it was at its peak of popularity.  Nowadays seeing a group of hooded/robed people is rare even here in the south.  To be truthful, I haven't ever seen a gathering of robed groups gathered for protest or anything else in 40 years of life in the south.  I think that's pretty good.

Too bad they can't accept what is and are focused too much on what was.  Some of us didn't care for what was and improved things as we could.