News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ebay/confederate flag ban

Started by jar1292, June 23, 2015, 08:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jar1292

So on the news radio on the way home it reported that Wal-Mart, Amazon, and e bay has pulled and banning all relative things to the confederate flag due to recent events. Is our duke stuff gunna go through the roof? Or just hard to sell now? A local flag making company reported that they will stop making them/sale unless its for a movie or other specific reasons. In southern Utah the Dixie State collage kids would request them a lot. 
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

Mike DC

Ebay?  Amazon?  Wow.

Is the Nazi swastika even that widely banned today? 

4cruzin

So now you won't be able to sell your general lee charger on eBay? 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

69wannabe

Really!!!!! I mean really!!!!! What did the flag have to do with what happened??? Was the kid wrapped in a rebel flag when all this took place?? This is ridiculous but something has to take the blame and the old battle flag that we proudly fly in the south is the blame for a kid doing something very bad. The kid deserve's what he get's for what he done, what he did was bad in every way but how did the confederate flag get dragged into what happened??? Just something else to for the public/media to attack in this bad situation...

Ponch ®

Quote from: 69wannabe on June 23, 2015, 09:45:33 PM
Really!!!!! I mean really!!!!! What did the flag have to do with what happened??? Was the kid wrapped in a rebel flag when all this took place?? This is ridiculous but something has to take the blame and the old battle flag that we proudly fly in the south is the blame for a kid doing something very bad. The kid deserve's what he get's for what he done, what he did was bad in every way but how did the confederate flag get dragged into what happened??? Just something else to for the public/media to attack in this bad situation...

that "battle flag" and "Souther pride" stuff is bullshit. Even if you took the racist connotations of the confederate flag out of the equation, its borderline un-patriotic and treasonous. that's like saying "hey, we lost the war to become our own country but we still fly the flag of the country we wanted to be". Theres only one flag in this country, and its red, white and blue. The confederate flag is a big F You to our country.

would you feel the same way if Texas or California flew the Mexican flag on their capitols?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

69wannabe

Quote from: Ponch ® on June 23, 2015, 09:52:58 PM

that "battle flag" and "Souther pride" stuff is bullshit. Even if you took the racist connotations of the confederate flag out of the equation, its borderline un-patriotic and treasonous. that's like saying "hey, we lost the war to become our own country but we still fly the flag of the country we wanted to be". Theres only one flag in this country, and its red, white and blue. The confederate flag is a big F You to our country.

would you feel the same way if Texas or California flew the Mexican flag on their capitols?

I don't care what flag texas or california want's to fly, I don't care what flag you want to fly on your property!!! I don't want to be told what fly I can or cannot fly on my property!!! I was just a kid when the dukes of hazzard came on tv and I have always like the rebel flag since. I knew nothing about the war or was I even alive when it all happened. I'm sure you weren't either. When my car had the general lee uniform on it for 10+ years I never had any issues about it or negative comment's. Just because I like the rebel flag doesn't mean i'm racist, if you actually knew me you would know that....

Lord Warlock

Southern Pride is indeed a fact.  Many of us from the south look at the confederate flag in reverence just like they do the US Flag.  When I see the flag, It represents a time when the government was overreaching and forcing half the country into a position that it did not believe in.  These men went on to disagree so forcibly that they took up arms against the aggressor to protect their beliefs, just as the country's founders believed.

It is amazing how much the South has changed to accept the progressive views, and accept integration, and acceptance of the different races.  We not only accept whites, but also welcome blacks, latinos, and many other people from various nations who prefer to LIVE in the south, not imagine what and how the southern folks should hold sacred and what they should not.  The only reasons why the percentage of voters get higher each year  is because more people move south than move north when they get older.  I was born in Texas, I spent most of my childhood all over this country, north south east and west, and finally settled in the South.  I went to college in the South.  My College Flag was the Confederate Battle Flag, it was waved at every school event, it flew on campus every day, and the school song was Dixie.  And we had people of every race at the school and we accepted it with no issues.  However, to this day, over 30 years later, I still live in the south, and I still revere the confederates for what they did at the time.  Slavery was only a PART of the differences between north and south.  The south didn't start slavery, but they participated in it (as did every other continent on earth) which now we know is wrong, it wasn't wrong back then.  And MY family back then were too poor to have slaves, so poor that they left Tennessee and moved to Missouri where land was cheaper...because we took it from the red man....wanna get into that one too? probably.  (Missouri by the way was never part of Mexico either so the Mexicans can't lay claim to it like they can from California.)

Stop tearing down our traditions just because you don't understand it, don't agree with it, or just because someone feels it signifies racism in its worst form. The flag itself had nothing to do with slavery, so don't tell us we can't fly a flag.  I am totally pissed off because this is what I've been fearing, that because one state changed their mind, no one else is allowed to have the flag, the few that still do must be racists. Bullhockey, why outlaw it on Amazon and Ebay? even S.Carolina said you could fly it in your yard if you wanted to. I'm not upset that they removed the flag from the capitol-if the people of S.Carolina don't believe it should be flown, by all means move the flag, but don't take the flag away from the South, just because a very small part of the population thinks it represents slavery or racism-and a large majority of these people don't live in the south, so their opinion doesn't really count.  They will see and complain that EVERYTHING causes racism, just as everything for the last six years has become racist, just because we don't agree, we are racists.  

I don't consider myself racist, there  is some bias mixed into my personality but that's my choice based on life experiences,  My generation did more to eliminate racism than any previous generation did, but no matter what we do agree to as America has changed, it will never be enough, they (Liberals) will constantly feel slighted and will take offense, even if none was given.  I may have gone to college at a Southern College who revered the soldiers of Troy, (the 300...read about it...if you liberals can't read, feel free to see the movie...its title is 300....that too hard for you?) HOWEVER...I graduated high school in Florida at Booker T. Washington....a school named after a BLACK man.  It had a black Principle, and also had over 60% of the student body that was black.  I had blacks and whites in my wedding party, but still get paranoid when groups of blacks, latinos or even teenage white kids are in a gaggle on the street and I'm walking that direction...I'd cross the street.  My generation avoided confrontation, avoided arguments and protests, and still had a strong belief in country.  I joined the Military to serve the United States, they had 10 years of my life, I owe them nothing else...unless we are invaded.  Now I live in the South, and am Proud to live in the South, and will revere who I WANT TO, and not what some Yankee thinks I should feel or believe.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Lord Warlock

And yes, I've yelled the Rebel Yell many many times in my life, in and out of the South.  I've also had a battle flag on my wall in college, and in my house until I had to vacate both bedrooms because of kids, the Rebel flag goes out back  with the Charger in the Charger's garage, I keep a USA flag in the front garage, and on holidays I fly the US Flag.  Do You??
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Todd Wilson

There were Union States during the civil war that still had slavery!  The United States flag needs to be banned as well......................

Todd

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

Quote from: 69wannabe on June 23, 2015, 10:22:14 PM

I don't care what flag texas or california want's to fly, I don't care what flag you want to fly on your property!!! I don't want to be told what fly I can or cannot fly on my property!!! I was just a kid when the dukes of hazzard came on tv and I have always like the rebel flag since. I knew nothing about the war or was I even alive when it all happened. I'm sure you weren't either. When my car had the general lee uniform on it for 10+ years I never had any issues about it or negative comment's. Just because I like the rebel flag doesn't mean i'm racist, if you actually knew me you would know that....

Nobody is telling you what you can or can't fly over your own property, it's the state capitol, a public space.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Lord Warlock

Actually, If they are making it impossible to buy online or in stores here in the States, they are in effect outlawing its use EVERYWHERE not just on public lands.  The opinions of a few, and more than likely not even residents of the south, will determine that southerners cannot hold faith to their ancestors or respect what they stood for.  Slavery wasn't just a southern thing people, and we didn't enslave any free persons, other countries did...including Africa who shipped them to the US.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Lord Warlock on June 23, 2015, 11:21:06 PM
Actually, If they are making it impossible to buy online or in stores here in the States, they are in effect outlawing its use EVERYWHERE not just on public lands.  The opinions of a few, and more than likely not even residents of the south, will determine that southerners cannot hold faith to their ancestors or respect what they stood for.  Slavery wasn't just a southern thing people, and we didn't enslave any free persons, other countries did...including Africa who shipped them to the US.

Where is it stated that it's outlawed to fly it or sell it on private land?  :shruggy:

Wall-Mart, Sears, Amazon, Ebay are private corporations that "chose" not to sell it so they don't lose customers. It's like any other corporate decision that's made, all in the interest of maximum profit.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

JB400

I guess it's true, 1 person in this world can really make a difference. :icon_smile_dissapprove:  Too bad he didn't have any common sense.

Lord Warlock

Ebay and Amazon make up a huge part of the online marketplace that people in the US use to buy stuff like this.  It won't stop us entirely, we can always go to a battle reenactment and get a flag from there, we just can't buy something online anymore.. imagine how hard it would be to find 40 year old car parts without the internet....it wasn't easy, I remember when repops weren't available for decades.  Walmart, sears, and the other stores didn't do it because it would lose sales, they just knew that it was an issue that was already on TV and the protest groups would target them sooner or later if they didn't.  Its cheaper and easier to just conform.  Too bad that they are doing so because a very small number of radicals are pushing political issues and finding fault with everything they can. 

Guess I can't get a Don't Tread on Me flag either...cause it has a black background...its racist too. 

I imagine soon, someone will tell us we can't sing Dixie anymore, because its racist, and depicts cotton farming which evidently some black people had to pick...as well as thousands of white people who had small farms in the south.  My father in law used to pick cotton, because they couldn't afford to pay migrant workers to do it for them.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Lord Warlock on June 23, 2015, 11:34:38 PM
Ebay and Amazon make up a huge part of the online marketplace that people in the US use to buy stuff like this.  It won't stop us entirely, we can always go to a battle reenactment and get a flag from there, we just can't buy something online anymore.. imagine how hard it would be to find 40 year old car parts without the internet....it wasn't easy, I remember when repops weren't available for decades.

I just did a google search entitled "where to buy confederate flag" & there are more online stores for that flag than there are 40 year old car parts.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Lord Warlock

search engines don't die in 7 hours.  try again in six months, i'll bet its harder then than it is today.

JB400

Honestly, I haven't seen all that many confederate flags around until all the hubbub started.

skip68

I personally can't wait for all confederate flag sales to be outlawed.   
Then there won't be anymore hate and senseless shootings.    :rofl:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

But wait a second, I thought it was a gun control problem? ???   Or wasn't it a mental health problem?  ???   So what's next?     
Why is it so difficult for people to understand that some people are just wired wrong and are going to kill for whatever reason, with whatever weapons available?   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Old Moparz

Personally I don't care about a flag. What's more important is that all the flags will be made overseas because while the media frenzy over the flag took place, the TPP went under the radar & passed. Better get busy practicing that phrase, "Would you like fries with that?" since more jobs are going to Asia.

Say good bye to more jobs.

Nothing like paying attention to the important stuff.  ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

JB400

We still got a final vote left to go on that issue.  I think it passed the House the first time around, but not the Senate.  It's still in the same boat it was in the last time.  Whether there's a bigger cork plugging the hole, has yet to be determined.

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Aussiemadonmopars

I prefer the Eureka Flag myself but I think it represents the same meaning... fighting against a opressive government...  :cheers: