News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

contemplating a 572 hemi build

Started by mally69, June 11, 2015, 07:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mally69

Hey guys, is it bad when I go to sleep thinking about a hemi build that I dream about all night wake up still thinking about a hemi build , going to work still pondering a hemi build next day same thing well . Here's what I'd like to do, 

Streetable 572 hemi around 800-900 hp pump gas even though I have good access to 100 octane leaded aviation fuel.
What heads would you guys use, Indy ? Stage V? And since there are multiple from each company which one in specific would you use or already run.
I'm just looking for ideas, your thoughts experiences, your builds etc or whatever you guys can add in here. Who and where would you guys buy the parts from block, rotating assembly etc . I had Dwayne porter do some work for me before and he was awesome to deal with , probably looking more into using him again.

I've searched this for hours and hours probably added up to a few weeks now and come up with a lot, but now I wanna see what you all have to say .  :popcrn:

oldschool

800-900 and streetable is tough for pump gas. can probably be done, just tough.........
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

oldschool

my 580" wedge is 13.5-1, race gas. big solid roller . 290@.050 .800". made 850hp 750tq .fyi........
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

mally69

Yep I know it'll be a steep order, but I got looking at this Indy crate engine has 770 hp it's the one clear at the bottom http://www.indyheads.com/hemiengines.html.  I was reading the specs and just buy looking at what it has there would be a lot I would change , I kinda felt there would be a lot more better parts it could have been used .

firefighter3931

It won't be cheap but it can be done.  :yesnod:

Our own Challenger340 (Bob) built an awesome bullet for one of his customers  :bow:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,96184.0.html

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

werner

CONTACT TIM AT F.H.O IN CANADA. THAT SHOULDNT BE TOO BIG OF A PROBLEM WITH THE CORRECT PARTS.
WONT BE CHEAP THOUGH
FOR A STREET CAR i HAVE 528 HEMI 650HP STREET CAR, FHO SOLID ROLLER CAM. 5SPD. ITS A HAND FULL ON STREET TIRES. COULDNT IMAGINE WHAT 800 HP WOULD BE.

MINES A RAY BARTON MP CRATE, 572 CAME OUT 8 MONTHS AFTER I BOUGHT MINE. I MISSED THE BOAT ON THAT ONE. FHO REALLY LIKES THE 540 SIZE AS WELL OVER THE 528"
1969 dodeg charger, 528 hemi ,Tko 5spd.

Challenger340

Yeah, we did a 91 Octane Pump Gas 572 HEMI 3 years ago @ 912 HP / 766 Ft/lbs.
The customer still loves it, although it is a handful on the street... no doubt about that !  He has a tough time getting much past 9.80's in the heavy UN-Cutup B-Body, just traction issues.
But my gawd... the MPH is an astounding "thunder" out the back half the track the few times he's tried the strip, it just pulls like a freight train.

Tim's Stage V CNC Heads are wonderful OOTB and a great starting point, but we worked them even further after that.... for a little fatter mid-lift R & D, then ALOT of Camshaft design.

What's best...IMO,  :Twocents:
is if you can make that power UNDER .640" Lift on a Custom Camshaft like we did ?  It's just far easier long term on parts when being Street driven.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

mally69

Very very good info so far guys, exactly the stuff I was looking for, real life numbers. I'm totally aware it won't be cheap, and I'm ready to tackle the challenge here soon. Just out of curiosity what would be a rough estimate to build one pretty close to yours challenger340? Seems like a Def solid build , I like it  :cheers: