News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engine install advice?

Started by fizz, June 15, 2015, 08:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fizz

I am going to lift my car and install engine and trans on k frame. Should I have steering box off, looks tight to frame. I assume install headers after, or maybe some time during the process. Any other advise?

garner7555

I personally would attempt to install the headers and steering box before installing the k-frame assembly.   These are not the easiest to install in the car.   :shruggy:    :Twocents:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Dino

Do you have the option to raise the car high enough to install the whole package from below?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

myk

Why are you choosing to go in from the bottom?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Dino

Duh, I missed the part about the K frame.

Easiest way to do it Myk, install everything on the K frame and raise it up, just as they did in the factory.  Never done that with headers though.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

myk

I see.  Wow you'd have to lift the car up pretty high though...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

garner7555

I pulled mine out this way with the headers still on and it was easy.  You need the engine and k-frame on something with casters so you can position it exactly as you lower the car.   :Twocents:    :2thumbs:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

fizz

I have a couple options. Can borrow a buddies side lift but think this might be a pain because car would move sideways as lift goes up or down. Or I can bring it to our shop where we have a 2 post lift. I thought it would be a good idea to build a cart on casters to support the engine, trans assembly.  If headers and steering box can be on engine, it seems like it would be easier. TTI headers.