News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DODGE Charger 1970 - new german owner - VIN XS29U0G175974

Started by Matthias-Germany, June 11, 2015, 05:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

information and history of this car

pictures
6 (75%)
general informations
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Mikesmoparperformance

Welcome! This looks like the 70 that Graveyard Cars did! Would be nice to see it! On the Mopar Nationals in June! See you then in Germany Matthias! I'am form Holland myself
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

crj1968

GOTWING

I'm glad those ugly rims are no longer on it. The stock rallye rims look way better. :yesnod:

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

ht4spd307

Matthias-Germany

Hi, I´m sorry that i don´t write so long time to a my Chargerfriend´s in the World. I´m so busy in the last year because i built a new building for my Company.
There are so much question´s from you and i will to answer all of them. But not know because i must go to sleep. Here it is 1.00 o´clock in the night and in a few hours Comes the Christmasman. Now some answers : Yes it is the car that was at graveyardcarz in Television and it is the car from Rex. I don´t know this thinks before i heart her at that place, also with the accident and the hole Story that the poor car had do endure over himself. You can be sure that the car is now in my heart and my hand´s. I will give him a nice future. I´m not a man like Rex , who customized it.
You see the new Rally wheels in 15 ". Also i get a new battery in the 70 style. PTTM Fred promised me that i can get the original automatic Transmission. And he tell the truth. It cost 6 month, but now i have in my stock with all spareparts to built it back if i want. But i like the manuell 4 gearbox. i think for the next time it remains like it is. Importent is that i have it. Also i have a very nice place in my new Company for the car with heating in the ground and so one. The 440 on the Hood is also not on the list, but it is only a Label and cost 5 minutes to make that away.
But now the most importend Answer: I´m not the the guy from Scorpions . ;) ;) ;) i know and like them and they was Born only 100 miles from me, but sorry. i`m only Matthias the Mechanicalman. :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: so know i go to sleep and try to send some Picture. Have all merry Christmas

fc7_plumcrazy

the Mopar Nats in germany are on the first saturday of August.(6th august 2016)

There is another Mopar Show may 7th in Stade near Hamburg, the german Mopar Spring Fling.

Would be nice to meet you there

Carsten

crj1968

Merry Christmas to you to Matthias. Keep on rockin'   :icon_smile_big:

6spd68

Quote from: Matthias-Germany on December 23, 2015, 07:42:50 PM
I´m not a man like Rex

I'm glad the car went to someone more deserving of a classic mopar; and not some belligerent man-boy.  Congratulations on your purchase, I hope it brings you years of joy  :2thumbs:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Matthias-Germany

Hi, Stade sounds very good for me. It's only 1,5 Hours from my hometown and it's a very nice area there. Sometimes i work there with my company. The street to Stade are very good for cruising with Us Cars, Motorbike's... . I check the both date's. I speek with my family ( Wife, two daugter's 9 an 5 Year's old, son 2 years old and our dog ) But at one of them i must/will come. 👍👍👍 Carsten where are you from. I come from Heist it's in the north of Hamburg 20 miles. In the moment i write from my iphone and i try to send a picture but i get it back. it was to big. When i sit in the next time in front of my pc i send you all a picture from me, where you can see that the mechanical Matthias had very very short hair. 😃😃😃. i found at youtube 3 short film about my car at graveyardcarz. Does somebody know if this is all or is it possible that there was a hole tv Show with my baby ? I speek with mark (the boss the show ) and he tell us he will sent us some things, but he don't do it. Hope that is only because he is so busy. We will see. Many greeting tho all of you and merry christmas 😃👍😃👍

XS29L9B2

Quote from: Matthias-Germany on December 25, 2015, 03:49:09 AM
Hi, Stade sounds very good for me. It's only 1,5 Hours from my hometown and it's a very nice area there. Sometimes i work there with my company. The street to Stade are very good for cruising with Us Cars, Motorbike's... . I check the both date's. I speek with my family ( Wife, two daugter's 9 an 5 Year's old, son 2 years old and our dog ) But at one of them i must/will come. 👍👍👍 Carsten where are you from. I come from Heist it's in the north of Hamburg 20 miles. In the moment i write from my iphone and i try to send a picture but i get it back. it was to big. When i sit in the next time in front of my pc i send you all a picture from me, where you can see that the mechanical Matthias had very very short hair. 😃😃😃. i found at youtube 3 short film about my car at graveyardcarz. Does somebody know if this is all or is it possible that there was a hole tv Show with my baby ? I speek with mark (the boss the show ) and he tell us he will sent us some things, but he don't do it. Hope that is only because he is so busy. We will see. Many greeting tho all of you and merry christmas 😃👍😃👍

great new mathias

fc7_plumcrazy

Quote from: Matthias-Germany on December 25, 2015, 03:49:09 AM

Hi Matthias,

I am from Essen, germany.
So I am close to 400Kilometer away from your homeplace.
But I always travel up to the Mopar Meeting Stade. Last year it had more than 150 classic Mopars attending.

The Mopar Nats had this year 350 classic Mopars

Carsten

Matthias-Germany

Sounds great, my company is working often in your area. Ruhrgebiet 👍👍👍. If you want you can sent me Your telefonnr. and than we can speak about some things. In march i'll be in Essen at the Oldtimer Messe. What kind of car you have ?

Dutchrunner

For the amount of cars Carsten has the internet is too small.
Thrust me. :coolgleamA:

fc7_plumcrazy

Quote from: Matthias-Germany on December 25, 2015, 08:09:07 AM
Sounds great, my company is working often in your area. Ruhrgebiet 👍👍👍. If you want you can sent me Your telefonnr. and than we can speak about some things. In march i'll be in Essen at the Oldtimer Messe. What kind of car you have ?

Hi Matthias,

I will be at the Techno Classica in april probably, too.
PM sent

Carsten

XS29L9B2

Matthias-Germany

WOW 😃😃😃 thank you very much. 👍👍👍. I don't know that they make a hole Story about my car !  Very interesting to see and now i know which things are new and wich maby old or not not so good. But i understand only a few things that he told because it's to fast for me and there are many words i must translatte. But i will do that soon as possible. I looked that jesterday when we go to bed and know i'm very tired. 😃😃😃 I can say it often enough, Thank you for that.

XS29L9B2

Matthias-Germany

Hi, is it possible that somebody can tell me, if the mirror's were possible to get original on my car ? Some people in the forum sent me picture's from the past and there were the mirror's in chrome. Fred from PTTM said he think that they are racingmirror's and original and very very rare. But he is not 100 % sure.  And also if somebody know's if the Motor is in original condition or if somebody overhould it or bored it or so. My problem is that the Motor get to warm if i drive on a highway over 3000 rpm. When i get the car there was no thermostat in and the radiator was ca. 75 % closed with dirt and rost. I give the radiator in a shop and they built it new with some more line's. Than i put a thermostat 82 decrease in. Original is 92. Now i'm thinking the Motor is maby also full of rost. But maby it is not the original radiator. In January i give the back to PTTM and than they will check and we can decide what to do. Fred told me in November when i fetched the automatictransmission than i should bring the car. Maby it is a small problem in the carburator or so. Greeting from the north of Germany and hopefully all of you had a nice Christmastime and good presents. 😃😃😃

fc7_plumcrazy

Hi Matthias,

your Charger came originally with the two chrome mirrors according to your fender tag.
colour keyed sport mirrors were optional.

Carsten

Dodge Don

Mathias, your car had the G31 option so it would have the traditional chrome mirrors on each side. Only the drivers side would have manual control.

Sport mirrors were a mid-year option (G36) and would be chrome or colour keyed depending on the body colour. You do not have this option.

Matthias-Germany

Ok. Thank you. Then it's also a point that is not original on my car, but it was possible to have on my Charger. Then it's ok for me to drive with them. Because i like them and it's no problem to build it back in the future, if i want. If they were from an other car or other year i would change them, like the 71 endtips. I will buy now the correct one and install them. Greeting from the north of Germany