News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seattle's All MOPAR Spring Round Up 6-7-2015

Started by SBBob, June 10, 2015, 10:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBBob

What a great day for a car show - 80 degrees and SUNSHINE in Seattle.  5 Aero cars in attendance.  Jack's 69-500, Dave's 69-500, Jim's Daytona, Greg's Daytona and my Superbird.  Enjoy!
Superbird Bob - 426 Hemi, 4 Speed, 3.54 Track Pack

hemi68charger

Very nice !!!!  What's the paperwork on the Bronze 500? Is it for sale? Either one of those 500's for sale? ;D
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

5hunert

The Orange/Primer/Rust 500 isn't for sale.  :rotz:

Bob, no pictures of your Superbird?  It was the class winner! (as it deserved to be).

Homerr

I took some pics there too, I'll post them this evening.

Alaskan_TA

SBBob

I know neither of the 500's are up for sale.  The Bronze car has been owned by Dave for many, many years and he is just now enjoying the fruits of his labor.  The other 500 belongs to Jack and he has not owned it for a very long time like Dave, but it is his dream car and has just got it running.  As far as the bird here are a couple of pictures.

dads_69

Bob. I have pics of your car from the late 80's early 90's at Samamish,WA car show.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

SBBob

Would LOVE to see them - they always bring back GREAT times with the car!

hemigeno

Quote from: Homerr on June 11, 2015, 07:31:18 PM

XX29L9B400595
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B60VM8cNfGTFfmtvWi1DbzNWYmVRQjE4ZXRmalZhU0dBY2l5RmZGQzdRXy1nRlVHZk53V1k&usp=sharing

Thanks for the link/pics!

Just a few weeks back, a guy I know from work was chatting with me about Daytonas.  Rimmie (my friend) is originally from Tampa, FL and described a vivid experience from his younger days.  He said he and his dad (who ran a large body shop and wrecker service) were hanging out one afternoon when a salesman from Brooks Massey Dodge stopped in.  The salesman had actually brought over the dealership's new Daytona they had for sale, and suggested they should all take it for a test drive.  Rimmie said his dad got behind the wheel and really flogged on the Daytona hard, with the salesman holding on for dear life.  Made quite the impression on Rimmie, to the point even after all these years he remembered it being a bright orange, white interior & stripe car with a console.  

When he told me that story, I went back and checked the records.  According to the Shipping List, Brooks Massey was slated to receive only one Daytona, and about the only information I had on that car (400595) was that it was Orange.  I told Rimmie it had to be that car, and that it was likely still around.  These are the first pictures I've seen of it, so I'll relay them to Rimmie next chance I get.  It may not be too important to anyone else, but I think it's neat to hear old stories like that.

Thanks again, Homerr.

:cheers:

tan top

:coolgleamA:  good lot of pictures SBB , thanks for sharing  :cheers: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

triple_green

Is that Jimi Oberto's Daytona?

I haven't seen that out for years.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

hergfest

The white interior Daytona was the Sue George car, Greg Peck owns it now.  He has put over 10,000 miles on it since October, and its going to Talladega this year.  You can see the top of my head behind the wing of the Daytona, ha.

SBBob

Yes, that is Jimi's Daytona.  I don't think he drives it to much, but he always brings it to the show here in Seattle.  This time I think he had his boys with him and they are just short of being teenagers and learning about the car.

held1823

the 30 or so photos i have of 400595 that were shared by stuart back when sue was selling the car show high back bucket seats in it at that time. it's nice to see the correct ones back in it now.

i had seen an occasional older shot of jimi's car on facebook but homerr's photos show how nice the car still looks. pretty wild how the vin numbers had so little impact on the ship list order. his vin is 10 before mine, but over 150 cars later on the the ship list.

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemigeno

Quote from: held1823 on June 13, 2015, 01:40:43 PM
the 30 or so photos i have of 400595 that were shared by stuart back when sue was selling the car show high back bucket seats in it at that time. it's nice to see the correct ones back in it now.

That's what I remember it looking like also.   :2thumbs:

Ed & Sue brought it a few times to MonsterMopar-related events, but I don't think I remember them displaying it with the hood up (at least while I was around), nor did I ever take the time to snap a photo of the VIN tag.   :icon_smile_blackeye:   Greg got a good car, and I'm glad he's enjoying it.

nascarxx29

Think 400595 once was Mike Mc Guires Daytona
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE