News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

can I get a change of genneration???

Started by The Ghoul, March 31, 2006, 08:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghoul

Kids these days... oh wate... no it seems all the tools are part of my genneration... stupid ebay
check this
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13253631#post13253631
pritty much what it boils down to is some one is looking at these headlights and corner markers that were dissassembled, painted and reassembled to give the same look.
I gave them a link to my cardomain site that shows them step by step how to do it.
I know the same process was used to make these because the guy selling them saw my process, asked me a butt load of questions and then started to sell them.... wich is why I started the write up in the first place, to keep people from paying big bucks for such an easy mod...
and it gets totaly ignored!!!
Im sick of these people that dont care about how something is done and dont want to 'waste there time' doing it but still want that look for there car....
it just seems that all the kids my age 23 that customize there car seem to get stumped when something is not made for there car. Can I become an honnorary member of the baby boomers, insted of genneration 'Y me'?
I promice I will work on my spelling!

hemihead

You acn only become a Babyboomer if you worship the almighty dollar and put money above family , friends, and God himself.And don't forget to be self serving,self righteous,and just plain selfish.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Shakey

Quote from: The Ghoul on March 31, 2006, 08:50:20 AM
Kids these days... oh wate... no it seems all the tools are part of my genneration... stupid ebay
check this
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13253631#post13253631
pritty much what it boils down to is some one is looking at these headlights and corner markers that were dissassembled, painted and reassembled to give the same look.
I gave them a link to my cardomain site that shows them step by step how to do it.
I know the same process was used to make these because the guy selling them saw my process, asked me a butt load of questions and then started to sell them.... wich is why I started the write up in the first place, to keep people from paying big bucks for such an easy mod...
and it gets totaly ignored!!!
Im sick of these people that dont care about how something is done and dont want to 'waste there time' doing it but still want that look for there car....
it just seems that all the kids my age 23 that customize there car seem to get stumped when something is not made for there car. Can I become an honnorary member of the baby boomers, insted of genneration 'Y me'?
I promice I will work on my spelling!

The babyboomers don't piss and moan about what others think or do.  They do their own thing to make things better for themselves.  Switch generations if you want but that means you will have to stop bellyaching about others.   :D

The Ghoul

hemihead your commments done and done
shakey your comment, like I give a crap what you think about the situation... that close enough. Im gonna call that one a check.
what next?
there some sort of meeting I have to start going to?
maby stock up on gold bond, and bengay?

Mike DC

Yeah, some kids can be pretty dumb, but what are you gonna do? 
I don't blame them.

Kids today are growing up in a world where you're encouraged to play with computers from the time you're in grade school, but you have to be 18 to legally buy spray paint.  (And it hardly matters because the neighbors will call the cops if you do any homemade project that's visible from the street anyway.) 

dkn1997

you got it, too much control over kids at a young age. when they finally get old enough to make their own decisions, they make the douchiest ones you can imagine. 

and the parents wonder why their kids are a bunch of F ups?  maybe if they let the kid sink or swim on some things at a young age, he/she would be more self reliant and have some common sense.

I wish I had more time, but I have to go buy my kids 4 different helmets so they are allowed to legally  bicycle, snow board, sled, and play hockey.

I had a boss once who used to hire someone to come in every year to decorate his christmas tree for him because his wife who did not work did not have the time.  I asked him "who did you hire to steal away the rest of your kids' childhood?" 
RECHRGED

Mike DC

It's so true. 

------------------------------------------------------------

What really cracks me up is all the concerns parents have about what their teenagers are doing. 

Parents seem to think they can trap their teens in suburban basements all evening with constant babysitting of siblings & homework & part-time jobs & strict curfews & loitering laws . . . and that will somehow NOT  make them turn to TV & sex & drugs for fun? 

Bandit72

i'm glad i was raised in a rural community for this reason...i am a senior in highschool and will graduate in may, and for the most part everyone in my school is really cool...there are the few exceptions of course and they wonder why they get made fun of, but anyway, i remember being younger growing up on a small farm i would ride my bikes EVERYWHERE without a helmet or anykind of protective devices, i remember christmas time dad would let me drive our old "Johnny Popper" down to the feild so we could cut down our christmas tree and take it too the house...I remember being 6 years old and having my grandpa put me in the drivers seat of his truck and putting it in first gear and telling me to steer it to the other side of the feild where he me me with the tractor....I remember when i was 11 me and my younger brother rode in the hopper of the pull behind combine while my grandpa harvested oats....these are just some of the memories i've got that i know 3/4 of my generation never got to experience and i wouldnt' trade it for the world...for our senior trip we went to Dallas Texas and everyone on the way back kept talking about how great it was too be in such a big city...and i'll admit that the only thing i enjoyed was going to the "sixth floor museum" (where JFK was shot) and six flags over texas...other than that i HATED it...i can't stand citys, too many people...

ok i'm done know lol

later  :icon_smile_cool:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Arthu®

Why do you care how other people of your generation are. I mean that shouldn't make you down that should just make you feel the best person alive. At least that is how it makes me feel. But than again, ain't I? :P

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

The Ghoul

Quote from: 68-70 Charger on April 02, 2006, 01:23:27 PM
Why do you care how other people of your generation are. I mean that should make you down that should just make you feel the best person alive. At least that is how it makes me feel. But than again, ain't I? :P

Arthur
its like seeing someone ripping through traffic behind you.
its a mild annoyance that you could easily blow off and not care about, but you know you will eventually have to deal with them.
I grew up verry rural, but around middle school the subburbs started closing in around us and from then on in school I noticed more and more empty headed kids in school. Every year there was a nother crop of clueless kids... Its just realy getting to me because cars where the one thing I could relate to other people like me about. Now all these kids are buying cars, watching movies about modified cars and trying to get into this hobby.
bless them for wanting to learn and wanting to be a part of this but come on.. When you suggest something 5 times and it gets ignored over and over again you just want to track down where the person lives steal there car and leve them with a ford festia.

I admit I am verry pig headed some times, and ask oppinions of what I should do when I already know what Im going to do. I just like to see what other people think. This is just insain.

mustanghater

At least he isn't drivinga honda with a coffee can exhaust on it. You picked a good car to tune.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

The Ghoul

Quote from: mustanghater on April 02, 2006, 05:11:28 PM
At least he isn't drivinga honda with a coffee can exhaust on it. You picked a good car to tune.
thanks,
I like it. It was the best of what I saw in my price range. It was pure luck that I ended up with a 2 door. I just love the gc8 body style.

The Ghoul

and I do have a bit of a fart can on it but luckly I have a beefy enough exhaust to back it up. 2 1/4 all the way back from the cat-less mid-pipe, and borla header... That combo creates a noticible improvement in power and the boxter gives it just a nice growl...
Its odd if I take the baffles outta the muffler it feels slower than if they are in... Like the N/A engine loves the back pressure...
ok nuff ricer talk from me..
long story short I love the car and cant wate till I have the turbo kit pieced together for it.

69_500

I find it kind of ammusing that people are saying that the baby boomers don't complain about what other people do, or care what others think. I do recall some babyboomers protesting a war in um was it Vietnam? Wasn't that complaining about what people were doing? Or caring about what people thought?
Then there was the great hippie movement, when people wanted to express themselves, so in other words they wanted everyone to think something about themselves.

Or am I missing something?

Not much good to say about Generation X either, or Gen Y for that matter. Every generation is the same. We think we know it all, grow up and all wind up like the previous Generation, old and unappreciated, and shown little respect by the next generation.

PocketThunder

My boss is a baby-boomer and he said that his kids, the current genaration, is now called the Boomer-ang Generation.  the kids move out, go to college, then move back in with their parents!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

The Ghoul

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 03, 2006, 10:15:09 AM
My boss is a baby-boomer and he said that his kids, the current genaration, is now called the Boomer-ang Generation.  the kids move out, go to college, then move back in with their parents!
makes sens, they are the most educated and most uneployed genneration so far.
I personally think its because all of them spend there time stuffed in there rooms and play on the internet all day so they have no social skills.

greenpigs

Quote from: The Ghoul on April 04, 2006, 09:53:59 AM
I personally think its because all of them spend there time stuffed in there rooms and play on the internet all day so they have no social skills.

Wow, you do understand your one of the kids your complaining about?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

The Ghoul

Quote from: greenpigs on April 04, 2006, 12:57:20 PM

nope;
- Ive had a job sence I was 13. I have never spent more than 2 weeks without one.
- I dont know the meaning of the word underemployed
- I know what it takes to empress an employer/get hired in the first place
- If I want to talk to a friend I usualy just drive over to there house
- I dont have any on-line IM accounts
- I dont buy every thing from ebay
- I know how to bathe my self and do it on a daily basis
- I understand more than just school and computers (but i dont understand computers that well)
- I dont own any star wars movies on vhs or dvd
- I remember what a vhs is.
- I own records and a player is still part of my home stario.
- A car is not just for transportation to me

the only think I have in common with the 'genneration' I belong to is my age, and the fact that I'm a student... oh and I bitch alot.

PocketThunder

You misspelled stereo on purpose right? :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Arthu®

Quote from: The Ghoul on April 04, 2006, 03:09:36 PM

nope;
- Ive had a job sence I was 13. I have never spent more than 2 weeks without one.
- I understand more than just school and computers (but i dont understand computers that well)

the only think I have in common with the 'genneration' I belong to is my age, and the fact that I'm a student... oh and I bitch alot.

Ok easy there, how would except for the 3 employment things (I do believe that early job experience is valuable) would make one a worse person than you just because they don't own a stereo system anymore (I don't I have an JBL Ipod on stage thingie which is connect to my PC to synchronise it, this doesn't make me less of a person, just a more state of the art one). Really your grudge against as to what seems modern technology doesn't make you seem any wiser than you are. Really you say you don't understand PC's that well, well I for one as an employer and I would have to hire someone for say an office would want them to be able to handle a computer well. And really star wars? Wtf was that about, sure not my cup of tea either, but to think that that makes you less of a person? Also modern communication, through cell phones, IM accounts, SMS, MMS, video calling, etc is what I believe to be a valuable part of life in the 21st centuary. I mean come on, how nice is it that while my dad is for example on business in the cote d'azure that I can video call him in the morning from my cell on my way to work about how we are going to arrange the weekend.

Not to say that this generation is flawless, it is just not that it is an complete failure either.

Arthur

Mike DC

It's easy to pick out problem issues that one generation has.  It's harder to compare generations overall and still be fair about it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The job situation is important to a point, but the job market & economy has changed since the Baby Boomers were young.  I know a few Baby-Boomers who used to work for three months in the summer (doing stuff like landscaping) and be able to comfortably pay off their next whole year's worth of tuition at a nice private college.  Not gonna happen these days.

I mean, this whole Charger hobby exists because 21-year-olds used to be able to work relatively normal low-level jobs for a year or two and buy brand new musclecars.  But it's pretty hard to buy & insure a new SRT-8 (or even a decent V8 Mustang) on a $10/hr job these days.  Not while living any kind of life. 
(I don't think that example is distorted at all.  Remember that $10/hr is almost DOUBLE the current minimum wage in most places.) 

I'm not defending long-term unemployment.  But I do think this current situation really discourages people from working long hours at low-level jobs unless it's directly causing career advancement or it's vital to funding higher education.  The work sure hasn't gotten any harder than it used to be, but I think the benefits have gotten much farther out of reach over time.

JimShine

I am 31 and the years I lived alone were harsh to get by. My dad was able to live by himself through college on the money earned from a part time job. I really had a hard time meeting the rent, utlities, insurance, and general expenses! My brother could not make it on his own. He was ready to get a credit card to pay his bills (bad move), so we got a place together and split everything 50/50. The solution my friends have made is either move back home with mommy and daddy, or get into a relationship with anyone that is willing to live ith you and halp pay the bills (not my style). Rent is stupid now. People in my area with mortgages pay the same if not less than I do for rent. And I still have to pay all the same utilities. I just save on taxes. Renting was supposed to be the option you made to be able to save money to buy your house. It was the cheaper alternative. It is rarely cheaper these days.

The Ghoul

How come my posts end up like this?
I make a comment, greenpigs throws in a jab.
I respond.
and some one tries to pick a fight.
LOL

Quote from: 68-70 Charger on April 04, 2006, 03:58:01 PM
Quote from: The Ghoul on April 04, 2006, 03:09:36 PM

nope;

Ok easy there, how would except for the 3 employment things (I do believe that early job experience is valuable) would make one a worse person than you just because they don't own a stereo system anymore (I don't I have an JBL Ipod on stage thingie which is connect to my PC to synchronise it, this doesn't make me less of a person, just a more state of the art one). Really your grudge against as to what seems modern technology doesn't make you seem any wiser than you are. Really you say you don't understand PC's that well, well I for one as an employer and I would have to hire someone for say an office would want them to be able to handle a computer well. And really star wars? Wtf was that about, sure not my cup of tea either, but to think that that makes you less of a person? Also modern communication, through cell phones, IM accounts, SMS, MMS, video calling, etc is what I believe to be a valuable part of life in the 21st centuary. I mean come on, how nice is it that while my dad is for example on business in the cote d'azure that I can video call him in the morning from my cell on my way to work about how we are going to arrange the weekend.

Not to say that this generation is flawless, it is just not that it is an complete failure either.

Arthur

your not just taking me out of context here, you are getting to my point hanging a left and going about 300 miles.
I am not saying Im better than any one for any reason...
except for maby the bathing thing.

-I am pointing out that I have remained employed sence the age of 13; alot of my genneration would rather sit on there asses and complain that they dont have a job because they havent found a job in there feald as apposed to working under there skill level untill they can find something; a restatement of the 'under employed' statement.

-Yes communication tools have there place, but when you spend all your time with your 'friends' and you never leave your computer.. you got issues. which is what alot of the people in my genneration do. I know, because most of my friends do just that.

-Star wars, come on!!! those movies suck and almost no one has the balls to say it and almost every one in my genneration worships them...

flat out you are thinking that I am saying I am better than every one because of these things when all I am doing is saying that these are the reasons I am not like my genneration.
It seems you just want to argue about this but Im not playing that game tonight... sorry.
Catch me later when Im more pissed off than I am logical. (wich wont happen... im pritty happy go luckey :D )

Arthu®

Ok I guess I misunderstood you, I thought you were trying to point out that that was what you didn't like about our generation and assumed that you think that if you did those things you were better than the others.

Listen I understand your feelings, remember I am from the same generation. I too have always had jobs, too many for that matter. But really it doesn't bother me that other's don't. Lighten up on them and just laugh it off.

It was just that I could see the job argument in it, as that really is important. I just thought the rest of the stuff was rather irrelevant.

Arthur

Mike DC

A huge part of the problem is that America has no low-income housing at all.  It's really a gigantic problem, but we've all grown up so used to it that we can't even see it for how rediculous it really is.

It basically takes a minumum of $500/month to get a crummy little apartment without too many fresh bullet holes in the walls.  Nobody has the option of spending less than $6000-7000 per year to sleep in a heated bedroom with indoor plumbing.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Same with cars, actually.  For anywhere outside of NYC & Boston & Chicago, it's thousands of dollars per year in a "utility cost" that you need just function daily.

I wonder if in another 10 or 15 years, people might be writing Sociology papers about how the poor could use "low-income cars" just like low-income housing.