News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Request: 1968 Dodge Charger for TV Show (Bay Area)

Started by renglish, June 08, 2015, 02:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renglish

Hello everyone,

My name is Rob English. I'm new to the forums, and I wanted to introduce myself and ask for help. I'm a story producer for Hoff Productions in the Bay Area, California. I'm reaching out in hopes of finding a 1968 Dodge Charger (or something that looks similar) for one of our shows.

We're filming a TV show about the real-life people who inspired characters from famous horror films. These people drove cars iconic to their time. For instance, John Wayne Gacy – the inspiration for many clown horror films – drove a 1979 Oldsmobile Delta 88. But what's more interesting is that police only started to investigate Gacy because of a 1968 Dodge Charger. It belonged to one of the people he kidnapped.

We're looking for a 1968 Dodge Charger (or similar model) for one scene (1 day) in the next month. The car won't be used for any stunts. For all shots, the car will be parked. Nothing fancy.

If any of you live near the Bay Area, would you be interested in working with us? We're open to discussing terms, insurance policies, and any questions you might have. You can absolutely stay on-set to supervise. You'll have your name in the credits, and your car will be showcased on TV.

Please let me know if this interests anyone. You can email me at renglish@hoff.tv.

If you'd like to check out our company, here's the link to our site:

http://www.mhptv.com/

We're located in Emeryville, CA, but also have offices in Los Angeles and Washington DC. We produce content for non-fiction TV networks, and most often work with National Geographic, Discovery, Science, and the History Channel. We have two shows currently airing -- 'What Could Possibly Go Wrong?' and 'Animals Gone Wild'. You can see some of our past work here:

http://www.mhptv.com/ourproductions.asp

All the best,
Rob

303 Mopar

Sounds like a cool opportunity.  If you ever need a '68 Charger or '70 Cuda in the Denver area, let me know.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

skip68

Look up Mr Angry.  He's a member here and has a 68 Charger and has done tv work.   Mr Angry is his user name and he's in Concord / Walnut Creek Ca. 
His name is Mike and I'm sure he'd be interested in talking to you.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

Also Dan's68 is another member with a 68 in the bay area.  I forgot about that.   

renglish

Hi guys -- thanks a ton for all the help. This is a great community and I'm blown away at the speed in response times.

303 Mopar - I will absolutely let you know if we're doing a shoot in Denver. Thank you.

skip68 -  I really appreciate your efforts to put me in contact with some members. It's extremely helpful. I'll correspond with both via email.

Thanks again everyone!

skip68

Dans 68

Quote from: skip68 on June 08, 2015, 04:47:39 PM
Also Dan's68 is another member with a 68 in the bay area.  I forgot about that.   

Ahh, Skip, I'm touched you remembered! I've also been in touch with Rob. We'll see if the 'ole girl can get some on-screen love.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

skip68

Drache

I always thought there should be a website where someone can register their vehicle to be used in TV/Movie productions.

You input the make, model, year, and of course your location. Then you upload some photos of your ride. Add in some contact info then you just sit and wait.

Then when someone who needs a car, they can simply log on to the website and search by the area where filming will be taking place then sub search the various types of vehicles.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

F8-4life

So what did the other most famous serial killers drive?

skip68

Not sure about the others but I drive a cargo van with NO Windows.   :rofl:

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

myk

What a coincidence.  I drive a similar van around the community college but mine says "free birth control" on the side instead.

In any case, there are agencies that represent cars/vehicles for use in movies, television, videos, etc, just like agencies for actors and other talent.  LA Direct Models is an example...

Mike DC

Renglish - you might want to specify if the car needs to look "period correct" or not.  Newer aftermarket wheels or paint colors are common modifications these days. 

TPR

I'd put my hand up, but I'm a little too far away.
Sounds like an interesting premise to a TV series, I hope you find what you are looking for Rob.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

johnnycharger

Hmmmm.... interested in a 70? I live in Napa. Not too far from Emeryville.

freddyd02

I live in the bay area and have a orange 1969 if you're interested.

Homerr

Quote from: skip68 on June 08, 2015, 03:13:30 PM
Look up Mr Angry.  He's a member here and has a 68 Charger and has done tv work.   Mr Angry is his user name and he's in Concord / Walnut Creek Ca. 

NYCMille = Mr. Angry = Mike Musto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUaN21qZZSw

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=69

skip68

Quote from: Homerr on June 10, 2015, 01:47:51 PM
Quote from: skip68 on June 08, 2015, 03:13:30 PM

NYCMille = Mr. Angry = Mike Musto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUaN21qZZSw

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=69

:slap:  hahaha.  I wasn't thinking.  NYCMille is his user name.  My bad. It's OK though because Mike got notified instantly from the start.   :2thumbs:

Dans 68

The old girl goes in front of the movie camera tomorrow. It will be enlightening to see how these productions go, and how much actual time the '68 gets to be in the actual frame. I will let you all know how it turns out, and when the actually movie will be out. It will be an "experience". I'll take that yellow and black plate that Skip gave me those years ago just in case the personalized plates don't cut it.  :cheers:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

skip68

:cheers:  right on Dan.    :scratchchin: if you use that plate then I can say "hey, that's my old plate"     :2thumbs: 
Have fun Dan and keep us posted.   

Dans 68

Sorry, Skip. The location that this is taking place is in Illinois, so no plate. It is an hour made-for TV movie that tells the story of John Wayne Gacy. I spent about 6 hours watching the shooting, and had a blast. Good people running the show. The Charger was used a lot for different shots, so it will be fun to see it up on my psuedo-big screen. I believe it was one of the American Horror productions - the four being done are Bundy, Gacy, Alien Abduction and the Exorcist story.

Photo 1 was a local actor playing the role of John Butkovitch, one of the victims. Turns out we have mutual friends...small world.
Photo 2 shows a couple of detectives showing up at Gacy's home to get him to come to the precinct for questioning.
Photo 3 shows a few local kids trying to get Gacy (in the background) to pay them for work already done.
Photo 4 is of the monitor showing the angles and lighting of the shot.

All in all a fun day.

Dan

303 Mopar

That looks like a lot of fun.  Did they detail the car for you before shooting? 
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

skip68