News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger-in-a-box: 1969 R/T

Started by mtechgunman, April 28, 2014, 02:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: mtechgunman on April 28, 2014, 04:04:12 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on April 28, 2014, 03:47:13 PM
Looks like a nice project.  What made you decide against putting the cruise back in? (just being nosey)

Mainly because I believe this was an option for auto's only...... Although I could be wrong!

I'm also not doing A/C right off the bat. I may explore the cruise after the car is "done" (are they ever really done?).

Input always appreciated!

To me, keeping out the factory AC & cruise (that were original to the car) is more of a detriment to originality and enjoyment of the car than the non-original 4 speed.

mtechgunman

Lookie what I found.......

I'm not positive, but I am pretty sure this is a pretty important component to the cruise. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Speedo cable in, speedo cable out.

Anyone have any thoughts?

mtechgunman

mtechgunman

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 23, 2014, 02:42:19 PM
Looks like a nice project.  What made you decide against putting the cruise back in? (just being nosey)

Mainly because I believe this was an option for auto's only...... Although I could be wrong!

I'm also not doing A/C right off the bat. I may explore the cruise after the car is "done" (are they ever really done?).

To me, keeping out the factory AC & cruise (that were original to the car) is more of a detriment to originality and enjoyment of the car than the non-original 4 speed.

I guess on the A/C side, it's something I'd like done. Sometimes don't know where to start. I was told by previous owner that the heater core that came with the care won't work with A/C.

As far as cruise goes.... Up until now I didn't think I had any of the parts with the exception of the steering column. Wasn't too concerned about it because I am pretty sure cruise control wasn't an option on 4 speed cars.

Thoughts?

mtechgunman

Currently wondering if I have screwed up by not putting an auto in this car and gone back to 100% original.......... Especially given the speed control piece I just found.......

Homerr

I would go for the cruise control look, but non functional.

moparfan53

I guess on the A/C side, it's something I'd like done. Sometimes don't know where to start. I was told by previous owner that the heater core that came with the care won't work with A/C.

As far as cruise goes.... Up until now I didn't think I had any of the parts with the exception of the steering column. Wasn't too concerned about it because I am pretty sure cruise control wasn't an option on 4 speed cars.

Thoughts?

Yes, heater cores for a/c and non-a/c are different, as is the complete heater assembly, parts etc.

The steering column is the same with or without cruise. The only difference is the turn signal lever. You are correct about cruise not being available on 4spd cars. Below is the cruise setup from the '69 parts book. It may help you to determine what parts you have (or don't have). FYI for buying or selling; cruise parts were the same for '68 and '69 B bodies, then changed in '70.

qwick68

68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

moparfan53

Quote from: mtechgunman on December 23, 2014, 07:46:17 PM
Currently wondering if I have screwed up by not putting an auto in this car and gone back to 100% original.......... Especially given the speed control piece I just found.......

My  :Twocents:
You bought the car to drive and enjoy... correct? So ask yourself if you will enjoy the car more as a 4spd or an automatic. You also need to find out if you have all the cruise parts needed as I mentioned above. They are not easy to find. I spent quite a while finding everything needed to install factory working cruise on my '69 Charger.

moparfan53

Quote from: Homerr on December 23, 2014, 07:50:07 PM
I would go for the cruise control look, but non functional.

I am of the opposite opinion.  ;D I think if it is there, it should work. :Twocents: When people see the cruise parts under the hood or the cruise lever on my car, they often ask "does the cruise work?", and I can say it does.

:cheers:

moparnation74

If you build the car back to factory specs it will hold more value.

I am on the side of enjoyment versus value.

It is your car and build it how you want it!

Ghoste

And there is a certain satisafaction in gettting all of the options working on a car.

Mytur Binsdirti

Looks like a great car, but it's a damn shame about the interior.

Green   :eek2:

:icon_smile_big:

Dino

Man that's how my car used to be.  Green in and out but with a white top.  I still have the original interior but the seat covers are toast and the upper door pads have some small cracks.  If you decide to get rid of the cruise stuff, or some of it, shoot me a pm.  I'm still looking for some parts.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

mtechgunman

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 24, 2014, 09:23:43 AM
Looks like a great car, but it's a damn shame about the interior.

Green   :eek2:

:icon_smile_big:

Haha I know, right? Oh well. Honestly all that green is kind of growing on me. It's not the most popular, but I kind of think that makes it pretty cool in it's own way.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 23, 2014, 02:42:19 PM

Hell, I would have let it all if I got it at that point......... 4-speed a/c with cruise............. Whata-shoulda-been.....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

mtechgunman

Quote from: moparfan53 on December 23, 2014, 08:22:34 PM

Thoughts?

Yes, heater cores for a/c and non-a/c are different, as is the complete heater assembly, parts etc.

The steering column is the same with or without cruise. The only difference is the turn signal lever. You are correct about cruise not being available on 4spd cars. Below is the cruise setup from the '69 parts book. It may help you to determine what parts you have (or don't have). FYI for buying or selling; cruise parts were the same for '68 and '69 B bodies, then changed in '70.

Thanks. I am going to see what all I can track down. I didn't think I had any of this stuff because I really didn't know what I was looking for. This diagram will really help.

jaak

Wow, Beautiful car...  :2thumbs:
F8, in my opinion, is one of the best colors from Ma Mopar.

Jason

Charger4404spd

mtechgunman

JesseJames78

That is a good looking charger!   :drool5:

Troy

Looks great! Even in green, how could you not like it? FYI: the majority of these cars were green when new.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

Yeah, its funny how colors go in and out of style.  The T5 and copper shades were middle of the road then and when I bought the 67 in 1998 almost everyone I knew told me what a horrid color it was and I needed to change it quickly.  When I sold it last year some of those same people thought it was a fantastic color.  Go figure.

BLK 68 R/T

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html