News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Really Rackin' Up the Miles

Started by HeavyFuel, May 26, 2015, 11:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyFuel

1500 per year average!    Better pace myself.      :icon_smile_wink:

I'm curious though, has anyone reset their odometers back to zero after a total resto?  I guess that is technically illegal, or does the age of the vehicle throw that law out the window?

Hey....it's 5 o'clock somewhere!

Back N Black

I rolled my back to zero after the restro. I average 2500 miles per year, not enough for me, I would like to at least double that. :2thumbs:

Stegs

Quote from: Back N Black on May 26, 2015, 12:43:23 PM
I rolled my back to zero after the restro. I average 2500 miles per year, not enough for me, I would like to at least double that. :2thumbs:

Im at about 1000 a year....if the old girl wasnt so thirsty all the time, id drive it more!  :cheers:

JB400

For the record, in Mo, after so many years, the mileage becomes exempt. 

Ghoste

Mine goes up and down but anywhere from 1000 to 2500 a year.  Rolling the odometer back after a resto seems to be not all that uncommon, some are okay with it some not.  As for me.  :shruggy:

Shakey

Good Day All,

I reset mine to 00000 when I had the cluster done.  I put the car on the road in October and have about 1,300 miles on it now.

I think I need to get it on a hoist and give it a good once over to ensure all the nuts and bolts are as tight as they are supposed to be.

:cheers:

Joshua

My car had @ 80,000 miles =on it when my family got it in 1988. It has over 250,000 on it now, and that's only because it's been off the road for last 9 years...
I DRIVE my shit.... :cheers:

MxRacer855

I'm definitely going to roll mine back when my resto is complete.  :2thumbs:
My car came with two additional clusters (each with a speedo/odo)... who knows which one(s) were even in the car and how many miles they racked up on 'em.  :shruggy:

Jeff

Bob T

Mine was on 99960 when I got it and rolled over the ton on my first long drive after I fixed some stuff and got it legal.
I've done 10,000 miles in around  3 1/2 years, so yeah, it gets driven. Bullitt proof reliable long distance cruiser
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

1974dodgecharger

mines not as nice so my gauges don't work and its my only car so it gets driven everywhere........at 5mpg life is expensive for me when it comes to gas. 

Dino

I reset my odometer after I cleaned it up.  No law against that on these dinosaurs as far as I knows. 

I'm at 1000 - 2500 per year as well.  Around 8-900 miles on it so far this year so it looks like I'll be in the high side of the range, I hope.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

VegasCharger

Here in Nevada any vehicle older than 9 years is exempt from the milage on the title.

HeavyFuel

I drive mine quite a bit, too.......probably more than a lot of folks think I should considering the amount of time and detail that went into the resto.     :lol:

The average I stated earlier was actually was my odometer reading divided by the age of the car.   :icon_smile_wink:

My actual yearly miles are more.     :boogie:

WHITE AND RED 69

I put 800+ miles in Jan-March. But took it apart at the end of March and has not been started in 2 months  :'(  
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

myk

Took it apart?  What form of magic are you summoning in that garage?

bull

Quote from: Back N Black on May 26, 2015, 12:43:23 PM

Same here. Right at one year of self-propelled motion. And I had mine turned back to zero too. Legal? Don't know/care.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on May 26, 2015, 09:42:07 PM
mines not as nice so my gauges don't work and its my only car so it gets driven everywhere........at 5mpg life is expensive for me when it comes to gas. 

What do you need to get the speedo working?

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: myk on May 27, 2015, 03:50:51 PM

I wish it was magic, then I'd be done   :lol:  I replaced the entire wiring harness, rebuilt the heater box, and a ton of little projects. Now I'm just waiting on Year One to ship the last harness I need. 3-4 weeks for delivery my ass! I'm on week 13 now!  :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

TPR

In 4500 miles, mine will be rolling itself back to zero.
Not enough of them have been done by me, but I'm working on it.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

freddyd02

Year One is notorious with long wait times on items  :brickwall:

myk

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on May 28, 2015, 04:16:52 PM
Quote from: myk on May 27, 2015, 03:50:51 PM

I wish it was magic, then I'd be done   :lol:  I replaced the entire wiring harness, rebuilt the heater box, and a ton of little projects. Now I'm just waiting on Year One to ship the last harness I need. 3-4 weeks for delivery my ass! I'm on week 13 now!  :brickwall:

Ah that sucks...

toocheaptosmoke

Mine had 000030 when I got the car, so with the new speedometer it's only 30 miles off if you add 100,000 to it.   We can choose the mileage to be exempt on cars that old, but I figured it might as well keep getting updated.  :shruggy:  Think I'm at like 1400 so far this season.