News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door Lock Knobs & keyed lock are stiff--

Started by 70-360 Ottawa, June 01, 2015, 07:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70-360 Ottawa

I'll be opening up the drivers door -as my locks are soo very stiff - knob doesnt want to push down easily -locking it with the key is hard as well - Are there any TIPS that I should know before diving in or is it very simple?

myk

Charger-Bodie

Remove the door trim panel and lube everything up. Work the lube in real good and reassemble .
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Lennard

VegasCharger

ODZKing

Next question is: how does it work when the door panel is off and with no knob?
My 67 panel was misaligned just enough that the knob wouldn't pop up with the key. Another thing to be aware of.

myk

I didn't even have to disassemble anything.  Just applied lube to the key and into the lock itself.  After working the key and lock together it was all good...

Honeywood hemi

There is a bell crank (swivel) attached under the door card 2 1/4 20 bolts hold it in if oil and lube doesn't remidy the issue check that it hasn't come loose or is misadjusted ,if they are lose this will bind the action don't force the button or lock I would go with easiest which is lube as other recommended .
68 use a slightly different crank than 69 both do the same job you will see the slots where it is adjustable .

Hope this helps