News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Guilty pleasure or skeletons in the closet

Started by Ghoste, May 24, 2015, 05:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ws23rt

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: I was only 6 when the 300C was made and to me they are what the sec. gen. charger is to most on this site.

BTW try to find a 300 series car in a barn. :scratchchin:  Their must be some left? :shruggy:

myk

I think we've lost sight of this thread's original theme.  Aren't we supposed to be discussing cars that we'd normally classify as a "guilty pleasure," as in something we're too embarrassed to admit owning or desiring?  Just about every car listed or posted in this thread is hardly guilty or something to be ashamed of... :lol:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: myk on May 30, 2015, 08:53:20 PM
I think we've lost sight of this thread's original theme.  Aren't we supposed to be discussing cars that we'd normally classify as a "guilty pleasure," as in something we're too embarrassed to admit owning or desiring?  Just about every car listed or posted in this thread is hardly guilty or something to be ashamed of... :lol:

In that case... i really like mustang 2 fastbacks... There. i said it....  :rotz:

Ghoste

That's a good confession Baldwin.  A buddy of mine is a Mustang fanatic and for years swore he would get one of those "Farrah" Mustangs to keep behind his shop and any time he was frustrated go out back and hit it with a sledgehammer.  That's an excellent example of the guilty pleasure. :2thumbs:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Ghoste on May 30, 2015, 09:58:13 PM
That's a good confession Baldwin.  A buddy of mine is a Mustang fanatic and for years swore he would get one of those "Farrah" Mustangs to keep behind his shop and any time he was frustrated go out back and hit it with a sledgehammer.  That's an excellent example of the guilty pleasure. :2thumbs:

I don't know why people hate them so much, i think they are WAY better looking than the fox mustangs  :shruggy:

TruckDriver

One of mine. 427 & 4spd
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

skip68

Yes but that pinto could come with a V8.   :drool5: :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: skip68 on May 31, 2015, 06:45:12 PM
Yes but that pinto could come with a V8.   :drool5: :nana:

True...

With,

All of what...

90 HP  :shruggy:

:nana:

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

polywideblock

man that 71 mach 1 looks better every time I look at it    :scratchchin:     :slap:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

6spd68

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on May 30, 2015, 10:31:29 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on May 30, 2015, 09:58:13 PM

I don't know why people hate them so much, i think they are WAY better looking than the fox mustangs  :shruggy:

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!  :flame:

:P
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Musicman

I'm pretty sure the entire purpose of this post was/is to identify and weed out those individuals who are not loyal to the Mopar family... We thank you for your cooperation. :2thumbs:
Someone from Forum Administration will deal with you shortly.  :D 

:slap: :smilielol: :lol:

Baldwinvette77

Dino

Quote from: Musicman on June 04, 2015, 08:26:29 PM
I'm pretty sure the entire purpose of this post was/is to identify and weed out those individuals who are not loyal to the Mopar family... We thank you for your cooperation. :2thumbs:
Someone from Forum Administration will deal with you shortly.  :D 

:slap: :smilielol: :lol:

:lol:

I did mention a Fiat so I think I'm okay.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ponch ®

1. I have a strange affinity of late 70's / early 80's RWD Japanese econoboxes. I know they're somewhat of a trendy thing right now, but I've always liked them.

2. A Gremlin or Mirthmobile Pacer Replica. When I was a kid my parents had a couple of Gremlins, and Wayne's World is a seminal movie of my early teens.

As for the Gremlin, if I can ever figure out how to import one into California, I want a Mexican VAM (AMC's mexico division) one:

3. And lastly, since I am after all of Mexican ancestry.....

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

6spd68

Quote from: Ponch ® on June 05, 2015, 11:00:30 AM

Ponch, I second that!  I almost did that to my 85 Bonneville! (355/TH350/Buick GN 8-3/4)
Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

Ponch ®

Quote from: 6spd68 on June 05, 2015, 12:44:49 PM

Ponch, I second that!  I almost did that to my 85 Bonneville! (355/TH350/Buick GN 8-3/4)

There's just something about the GM cars of that era that makes them work so well aesthetically as lowriders. For some reason I have a hard on for Coupe DeVilles. I dig Regals and Monte Carlos too...but if I ever got my hands on either of those, the muscle car devil sitting on my shoulder would just talk me into making GN or NASCAR racer clones out of them, not lowriders.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Dino

Quote from: Ponch ® on June 05, 2015, 01:18:52 PM
Quote from: 6spd68 on June 05, 2015, 12:44:49 PM

Ponch, I second that!  I almost did that to my 85 Bonneville! (355/TH350/Buick GN 8-3/4)

There's just something about the GM cars of that era that makes them work so well aesthetically as lowriders. For some reason I have a hard on for Coupe DeVilles. I dig Regals and Monte Carlos too...but if I ever got my hands on either of those, the muscle car devil sitting on my shoulder would just talk me into making GN or NASCAR racer clones out of them, not lowriders.

The obvious solution is to build one of each.  How attached are you to the idea of marriage lasting forever?   :nana:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

6spd68

Quote from: Ponch ® on June 05, 2015, 01:18:52 PM

Or make them clones ...  With Hydraulics as well  :D
Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

tcs69rt

It took me 4 years of off and on work to get this 66 Stingray running again after the 63 yr old owner let it sit for 10+ years. It's a love hate relationship = I love to drive a convertible (cover for the bald head) but hate to drive it on the main streets always worrying that some ass will hit me in it.  :brickwall:

"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

6spd68

Quote from: tcs69rt on June 09, 2015, 04:17:02 PM
It's a love hate relationship = I love to drive a convertible (cover for the bald head) but hate to drive it on the main streets always worrying that some ass will hit me in it.  :brickwall:

You kinda just have to get over that feeling when driving a cool/expensive car or else you'll never truly enjoy it.  I know it's hard, and you're gonna be crazy cautious wherever you go, but just remember; that's what insurance is for.  :2thumbs:  Do you get the same feeling in your RT?  Or is this Corvette specific?  My trick to getting over that with my 72 Cutlass was to take it out for a spin in rush hour a few times, and just get used to the feeling of being surrounded by people in normal cars.  It took me a bit, but in a few weeks I got there.
Project 668:
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke

tcs69rt

6spd68, I'm fine driving my RT in traffic, no issues. I have plenty of insurance too, both cars are with Hagerty. I have no issues with driving other peoples cars just the concern of those around me. Over 55% of our town population (7500 people) are over the age of 65, I'm a young 48 lol. I think I'm still scarred from being 17 yrs old and driving my bosses car and some old, half blind woman hit me in her new Buick Electra 225! Ahh, the good old days!
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

six-tee-nine

I 'm not really bound to one make or model. There are alot of different cars of different makes that I like.
Doesnt really have anything with embaressment to do.
I am a big fan of power in combination with 4 wheel drive. So on top of my wish list is without doubt a '83 - '85 Audi Sport quattro, but with only 500 ever produced and prices well above my hat that will always remain a dream.

Another car I like and would'nt mind to own one day is a Nissan Skyline R34

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Ponch ®

Quote from: six-tee-nine on June 10, 2015, 06:01:16 AM
I 'm not really bound to one make or model. There are alot of different cars of different makes that I like.
Doesnt really have anything with embaressment to do.
I am a big fan of power in combination with 4 wheel drive. So on top of my wish list is without doubt a '83 - '85 Audi Sport quattro, but with only 500 ever produced and prices well above my hat that will always remain a dream.

Another car I like and would'nt mind to own one day is a Nissan Skyline R34

you can import the Skylines now that some are 25 years old. :2thumbs: