News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Guilty pleasure or skeletons in the closet

Started by Ghoste, May 24, 2015, 05:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I know we've danced around it before, but what is your guilty pleasure car?  Or your dark secret.  Preferably the dark secret, that car you would really like to own but you don't commonly admit.  Not a different year of Charger or your second favorite Mopar either but that oddball thing.  The Hillman Avenger or COPO Chevelle, whatever the one is that you don't want to tell your Mopar buddies about.
To my buddies I might initially say its something like a 77 Trans Am or 73 Torino but those are too easy and common.  So for the really dark secret, if you were a trusted therapist, I might admit to something like a Cosworth Vega or Lotus Cortina.  (shoulders slumping with embarrassment now)

charge69

I would love to own a fully restored 1965 GTO !  Preferably, a 4 speed tri-power.    My first car was a used 1961 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible, electric blue with white convertible top and white with silver and blue accents interior. I bought it from my next door neighbor friend that I used to run around with as he wanted the money to take flying lessons! It was originally bought new by his older sister's husband but was only about 3 years old when I got it. It was a tri-power, 4 speed 389 and won me a lot of money racing SS 327 Impalas!  They were sure that big old Pontiac convertible was wayyyyy too heavy to beat them. Proved many an Impala owner wrong!  Ha !

If not the GTO, how about a 1972 SD 455 Trans Am?  Their was one here in the neighborhood that was pristine and I wanted it badly. One day, it just disappeared!

Ghoste

Yeah.  I can see those.  Would you be embarrassed to tell your Mopar buds about those ones?  (which makes it all relative obviously)

Lennard

I'd love to own a sixties vw bug. I spent a big part of my youth in the backseat of the one my parents owned. Someday I'll own one. ;D

Baldwinvette77

i'd really like to build a shelby cobra, and by "build" i mean i'd just weld a rolling chassis together, paint it, and use it as yard art  :yesnod: (i know a guy who has t-bucket with a plastic engine on his lawn)

charge69

Quote from: Ghoste on May 24, 2015, 06:09:40 PM
Yeah.  I can see those.  Would you be embarrassed to tell your Mopar buds about those ones?  (which makes it all relative obviously)

I wouldn't be embarrassed to own up to having and driving one of those at all!  I like old Pontiac muscle a lot and would be proud to own one.

To Lennard:  One of my jobs I had back in high school was as a delivery boy for a local independent pharmacy and I drove a 1961 Volkswagen Beetle all over SE Houston. It had a whole 36hp and no gas gauge! When you felt it running out of gas, you flipped a lever on the floorboard against the firewall and used the little extra gas to find a gas station. Gas tank and filler was under the hood! Rowing that 4 speed around  was fun for a teenager and it was darned dependable!

Carl

Musicman

A late 70's Chrysler 300 would make a really cool driver for me, you know, one of those Cordoba look'n jobs... Of course my dream of once again owning a "69" 300 has never faded either (thanks for the memories). I loved that car.

Lennard

Quote from: charge69 on May 24, 2015, 06:49:32 PM
To Lennard:  One of my jobs I had back in high school was as a delivery boy for a local independent pharmacy and I drove a 1961 Volkswagen Beetle all over SE Houston. It had a whole 36hp and no gas gauge! When you felt it running out of gas, you flipped a lever on the floorboard against the firewall and used the little extra gas to find a gas station. Gas tank and filler was under the hood! Rowing that 4 speed around  was fun for a teenager and it was darned dependable!
Carl
Great story!  :lol:

skip68

I,    :scratchchin:  I mean my friend liked the Triumph TR7.   DON'T know why, but, well, you know.   Oh, he also liked the Geo storm.    :shruggy: :rotz:   

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

moparguy01

I've always wanted a Manx bodied vw based dune buggy. Heavy metal flake and all. They are just fun.

hatersaurusrex

Mine?  A Tesla Model S - in fact when I retire my truck I'll be giving serious consideration to getting one.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Musicman

Okay... maybe one of these too... Conquest TSI

polywideblock

I've got a few   :rotz:  

the one i'll have one day is just a return to where I was before I discovered mopar    1974 - 77  Holden  torana  SL/R 5000 :yesnod:

the deep dark dirty secret is I've ALWAYS wanted to get a really clean 1985 Toyota supra and fit it with the 3.5 all aluminium hemi V8 out of a Toyota century

+

equals fun with a capitol F .

now I have to go and stand in the corner for a while    :slap:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Ghoste

Now we're getting somewhere, the dirty little secret ones. 

adauto

Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

JB400

Quote from: Musicman on May 24, 2015, 10:14:36 PM

My uncle races one of these as a Mini stock.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Ghoste on May 24, 2015, 05:50:41 PM
I know we've danced around it before, but what is your guilty pleasure car?  Or your dark secret.  Preferably the dark secret, that car you would really like to own but you don't commonly admit.  Not a different year of Charger or your second favorite Mopar either but that oddball thing.  

I'll come out of the closet on this one  :icon_smile_big: I love gaudy tacky overdone show cars from the 60's-70's and 80's I've always had a soft spot for this  :nana:

68X426

Quote from: Ghoste on May 24, 2015, 05:50:41 PM
shoulders slumping with embarrassment now

Damn you Ghoste.

Truth be told, this is a real dirty secret.

MUF DVR Cheech & Chongs Love Machine, their raunchy 1964 Impala.

Don't ever tell anyone else about this.  :eek2:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Lennard

Quote from: Musicman on May 24, 2015, 10:14:36 PM
Those are awesome looking cars in wide body version. :2thumbs:

skip68

There's one for sale in Vegas with 5,000 original miles for $20,000.   :icon_smile_wink:   

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

70 sublime

I have had a couple other cars to play with but I will blame my daughter on them because she drove them but they were in my name (and yes they had never been painted and came this colour)

But if I had to get a non mopar I would be very interested in a Pantera or a DeLorean (might be hard to find a green one of these  :nana:)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

myk

I wouldn't mind owning a Civic Si, or a Scion FR-S or some other rice-mobile...

F8-4life

ITSA426

Lately, I've had the hots for a plain Jane six cylinder three speed manual '65 Mustang, preferably a convertible, but a coupe would be OK.

If I could find a nice one I'd add it to the fleet.  I don't want to own anything requiring me to buy another metric tool.