News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 on a 08 frame

Started by Bowers, June 15, 2015, 02:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowers

Whatever happened to that guy who put a 69 body on a 08 SRT frame? He was posting the job and then abruptly stopped. :shruggy:

Lennard

Bowers

skip68

Yep, it was Joey Gowdy.   He had some personal issues let's just say.   :image_294343:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

I don't think Joey is a member on the forum any longer.

Bowers

Oh, did the whole project get finished? Looked pretty close on his you tube channel. Thought maybe the whole thing was posted elsewhere. Would love to see the finished project.

Stevearino

His last posts on the project are here http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149892&page=8 about a year ago. Looks like his dad has really done most of the work on this piece. He had started a Facebook page but hasn't had any updates on the car. He seems to have moved to the left coast probably to pursue an acting career. Too bad the car is in limbo because he took a decent 69 and a really good donor car and it looks like the project has died on the vine.

lukedukem

Yeah that guy is old news. I'm hooked on Stevearino's build :yesnod:

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Stevearino

Quote from: lukedukem on June 15, 2015, 07:02:14 PM
Yeah that guy is old news. I'm hooked on Stevearino's build :yesnod:

Luke
Thanks for following. I hope I don't give up like that guy did. What a waste of two good cars.

RallyeMike

QuoteOh, did the whole project get finished? Looked pretty close on his you tube channel. Thought maybe the whole thing was posted elsewhere. Would love to see the finished project.

It's pretty easy to hack up a couple of cars and set one atop the other. Finishing it is another thing.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

marshallfry01

Pretty sure I saw that build on cglfc.com. That place is nothing more than an old western ghost town now... Sad. I've tried to become a member but I've never been approved or whatever  :shruggy:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

skip68

Yep, I tried joining that site several years ago for over a year and never got in.  Bad, poor or lack of management on that site. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Bowers

What is Stevearino doing?

472 R/T SE

472 R/T SE

SRT-68 ( John ) put a '68 on an SRT frame/body. 
He wanted to trade the car to me for a'71 'cuda I had.  I thought long & hard but in the end I just didn't want to deal with all the people asking how "I" did it.  One of those times that I felt would constantly put me in the spotlight or harm's way. 
He sounded like he was searching for another Mopar to do the swap with as he had some kind of deadline @ SEMA iirc.

I've already had someone attempt to have my car towed cause he thought it was a friends who never got completely paid for it when selling decades ago.  I don't know if it's because I look like an easy target or what but I figure if I lessen the amount of times I interact I lessen the chances.  Able body folks most likely won't be able to understand that type of thinking.   :shruggy:

Brock Lee

Joey had several "dream cars" that ended as nightmares. Look up his Delorean project sometime.

Stevearino

Quote from: Brock Lee on June 16, 2015, 06:14:06 PM
Joey had several "dream cars" that ended as nightmares. Look up his Delorean project sometime.
Abandoned projects always get me down no matter how goofy they are. Just finish the damn thing before you start cutting into something else. :slap: