News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Exhaust size.

Started by 67DodgeRebellion, June 09, 2015, 12:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

67DodgeRebellion

I have a 493 stroker with aluminum heads, aluminum intake, 850 cfm carb, long tube headers with 3 inch collectors and a 545 lift hydraulic cam. Estimated horsepower is around 550. I'm planning on using 40 series Flowmaster mufflers. My question is: what size should the rest of the exhaust be? Three inch? Or should I reduce to 2 1/2? Full exhaust out the back? Or turn down at the rear axle? Any input appreciated. :) btw this is a street car, not race.

Mopar Nut

Being a street car, I would go 2-1/2", but with 550hp, 3" helps it breath for that get up and go.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

dstryr

With that size motor you could go 3" to the mufflers and 2-1/2 out the back if you like the look of a full exhaust.  Definitely would be quieter in the cabin with a full exhaust. :2thumbs:
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

67DodgeRebellion

mally69

I have full 3" mandrel bent exhaust the whole way out the back of my 69, with flowmaster delta flow mufflers and X-pipe  and I'll tell you what it has a very awesome unique sound I love it