News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Were Chrome Magnum Wheels Available on 1969 Cars?

Started by Old Moparz, May 19, 2015, 04:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

I have a set of chrome magnum wheels that were on my 1969 Charger SE when I got it back in mid 1981. I know this wheel was on the 1968 cars, but were they carried over to 1969?

At one point I bought a 5th one from a local junkyard to mount the spare tire on, but never did. I saved all 5 of them in my garage when I found a set of 15" Rally wheels because I wanted larger tires back then. I eventually sold the car, but saved the set of magnums & never used them.

Also, I recall from reading that there are stamped numbers on the wheels representing date codes. Where are they stamped?

Thanks.  :cheers:

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ghoste

The correct ones for 69 also had stainless trim rings.

bill440rt

Quote from: Ghoste on May 19, 2015, 07:09:29 PM
The correct ones for 69 also had stainless trim rings.

:yesnod:

IIRC dates on chrome Magnums were on the inside hoop, the part that's covered by the tire.
Road wheel (trim-ringed Magnum) date codes were found on the backside of the wheel hoop (brake side) close to the outer wheel lip. There would be an "M" with a number next to and below it (the number below is the year). There would be two other sets of numbers next to that, each representing the month/day.  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce