News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

500 and Daytona questions

Started by WINGMAN, May 18, 2015, 08:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGMAN

Most of us on the aero section have seen the pics of the Chargers parked in the holding lot at Creative  Industry. What was left off of the Chargers on the assembly line. In the pics you can tell that there is no grill just the frame. Items like rear window trim, headliner and package tray I think might have been left off.  :shruggy: Any one care to chime in. (Wingman).
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

chargerman69

Bumper on the daytona
Headlights and headlight doors

69_500

Cars had to have working headlights, and a bumper to leave the factory. Then were shipped to Creative for final Conversion.

odcics2

Quote from: 69_500 on May 19, 2015, 04:07:46 AM
Cars had to have working headlights, and a bumper to leave the factory. Then were shipped to Creative for final Conversion.

:2thumbs:

I can dig up the original photos and see about the rear interior trim... 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

CornDogsCharger

On the 500s...probably the Daytonas too... I know for sure that the car had a standard rear glass with trim installed. The 500 that I am restoring still had the window trim clips screwed on and you can see where the glass was removed because of the thin strip of urethane/ribbon left behind on the channel.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee