News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found a pair of tire turn plates 115.00 shipped (They are here, pics)

Started by b5blue, May 06, 2015, 05:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

After doing a few searches on DIY alignment I found "tire turn tables" very costly at 450.00 up. Today I found and ordered a pair of Gil Smith Racing 12"X12" that will work great with my Fastrack alignment tool. At about 3/8" thick they will be easy to drive on top of to keep the front end settled.
I'll let you know what I think when they get here!

http://www.amazon.com/Gil-Smith-Racing-Fabrication-GSRF-QC-STP180-12/dp/B00MAX8692/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1430907387&sr=1-1

b5blue

Well it took awhile to ship but got here FAST. I think they will work just fine, I'll be trying them soon. A simple plate with handle, it's got a disk attached by a button in the center. Marked on the plate are 0* and 15* in both directions from 0* with what look to be stainless steel dots attached. They have a nice hammer tone painted finish and the disks rotate smoothly. (I'll spray inside between the disk and plate with lube before using.) I stacked some pennys so the pic would show thickness, I'll find something the same for under the rear tires to set the car level on my carport. All in all I'd say much nicer quality then expected for just 115.00 shipped, nicely cut, finished and painted. Now with my Fastrack alignment tool I'll be able to play around with my castor and camber settings.  :2thumbs: 

Troy

Cool! I'll be checking into those as well.

But again... it's hard to reach the nuts/bolts to adjust anything with the car on the ground. Ok, you can reach them but not get any torque on them. ;) Remember, most of my experience so far has been on my Mach 1 which has a low hanging front spoiler (and the car itself is lowered 1"). I'm pretty darn skinny and I still can't get my body under the front of the car. I think ramps would be ideal (so you can still roll the car onto the plates) with a jack/jack stands under the back to level it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

b5blue

My thinking is with the hood up I can reach the UCA's cams.  :scratchchin: Get camber adjusted then check caster. I've installed Hotchkis adjustable struts and can reach from under the nose of the car on the ground. I expect to do several cycles of adjustments several times. (Between test drives.)
  I've even got "jet line" left from my days as a steel framer, very light weight you can pull it tight with no sag like string has. I may use a laser level to find and mark sweet spots on my carport also.  :2thumbs: Everything was real close to ideal before, the car road/handled well. (Should be fun!)