News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Searching For My Chargers History. Do You Recognise Anything In These Pictures?

Started by TPR, May 12, 2015, 09:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TPR

Hi Guys.
I have been trying to find out more about the origins of my '68 R/T for some time now and have made little progress of its life in the States.
I thought I'd give this a try.

When I bought the car in 2013, I was given these images [as a print out] of its 'restoration' process in 2006.
The images don't really show much actual restoration, but I'm wondering if the locations visible, such as the shed or outside background locations ring a bell with anyone.
Is this your shed? Do you recognize any background locations. Do you recognize my car?
Have you ever bought a Charger and were given images of it's restoration process which match this location?

All I know about its trip from the US to Australia is that it bought by an Aussie from a US dealer, not a private sale.
This is a long shot I know, but any clues would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

daveco

Certainly someone on this board will recognize the car, the background could easily be Texas or Oklahoma.
R/Tree

morepower

it could be many states. America is a beautiful place. But if someone knows that car there is a good probability they could be a member here or know someone who owned that car.
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

Challenger340

Those pictures look familiar, but be dammed if I can remember where I saw them before ?
Ebay maybe ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

white

Lighthorseman

Well, I wish I could shed some sort of useful information about your Charger, but, alas, I cannot.  :brickwall:  (Poor Yorik - I knew him well, etc...)

What I CAN say, however, is that it looks like a beautiful Charger!  :drool5:

Enjoy!   :2thumbs:

TPR

I made some significant progress today.
I've tried all a manner of investigating and now I have these images.
They are from either 2006 before an owner sent it to a dealer, or June 2007 before a dealer sent it to the first Australian owner.
I will post them from most useful to completely useless, and once again, this is a real long shot.
Recognize anything?

First pic, look at the water tank in the back. I can't read it. Is this a town or location, or a brand/company that is recognizable in the States?
Second pic, the freight ship is the 'Buffalo Wilmington DEL'[aware]
Third pic, industrial area, could be anywhere.
Fourth pic, could be anywhere.

There is more to this story which I will reveal in time. I am exploring some other avenues which may lead me to some answers.
It's been an interesting day, I think I'll have to Popcorn myself.
:popcrn:
TPR

www.tr440.com

TPR

Thanks for chiming in and for the compliments folks.

Fifth pic is what I found after Google searching 'ship named buffalo' I am currently searching for shipping routes. Looks to be The Great Lakes.
TPR
www.tr440.com

RIDELIKEHELL

I've fueled that ship before here at Shell as it goes by here quite a bit. I almost want to say that the photo is from Michigan City Indian
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

TPR

www.tr440.com