News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Addco front sway bar

Started by fireguyfire, May 09, 2015, 05:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireguyfire

I put a Addco front sway bar on my 68 when I restored it to replace the factory sway bar; I am not really happy with how it fits, and am wondering if I installed it correctly. Can anyone post a picture or 2 of their Addco front bar in place if they have one, especially the Cad plated replacement brackets that bolt in 2 places to the K member?
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

Kern Dog

Addco bars are cheaper than Hotchkis, Firm Feel and Hellwig for a reason. The bars are usually decent though, it is their hardware that sucks. Flimsy brackets and poor installation instructions.

HPP

Do you have the 66-69 style that mounts in front of the K frame or the  70+ style that mounts through the K frame?

fireguyfire

I have the Cad plated 90 degree angle brackets that mount through 1 of the factory bolt holes.
Think I'm going to order the performance suspension better front brackets and keep the bar.
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

HPP

Those are the earlier 66-69 style mounts.

Yes, they are a bit hinky and I would think the cantilever forces on them would be able to flex them. I made an additional bracket to support these. Using 2x.25 strap, I bent it 90* to create an upper bracket, then bolted that in behind the  sway bar loop. Works great an only cost a couple of bucks of steel from the local hardware store.

randy73

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 09, 2015, 10:18:06 PM
Addco bars are cheaper than Hotchkis, Firm Feel and Hellwig for a reason. The bars are usually decent though, it is their hardware that sucks. Flimsy brackets and poor installation instructions.

2nd that