News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

American Muscle LCA bushing sleeve remover

Started by NickJ, May 08, 2015, 10:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NickJ

I got this tool from Mancini and the instructions are clear as mud.  :shruggy: Anyone use it before? If so any pics or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nick

NickJ

*Update* got both bushing sleeves out without the tool. The first one took an hour the second took under ten minutes once I'd "cracked the code". Also, managed to weld up a piece of pipe and a bushing sleeve to use in the press once the new bushings arrive. Whew! What a day...

N

charger Downunder

I used that tool a few years back if i remember right it goes inside the metal sleeve that is stuck in the arm as you tighten it it pushes out into the sleeve to remove it.
[/quote]

johnnycharger

What was the code? What method did you use?

NickJ

I re-read the FSM and did some thinking. Rather than chisel it out in chunks I used an air chisel to score 1 line down the bushing sleeve. I didn't go all the way through but the scored line weakened the metal enough. Then I used a hammer and screwdriver to tap in the shoulder of the sleeve on either side of the line. As soon as they bent in 1/2 inch or less the whole sleeve let go. Still a PITA but much easier than my first attempt.

N.