News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quarter window question (Missing part?)

Started by keith88, May 10, 2015, 10:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith88

I have a question, i seem to be missing a part on the back passenger quarter window the window moves up and down but not like it should and can very easily get stuck in the quarter area that it rest in. After looking at it it would seem that i am missing a slider/roller that would go to the the rear track that the window slide in (nothing in the quarter panel either its just not there) ..nothing to hold the window from moving inside to out side. I found a couple shots online that seem to show the area and the piece ,when i look for them there is a kit sold but it seems that there are to many parts than needed so i really not sure what i need to buy can some one help me on this  from my under standing i would need only 3 pieces to make this work . Here's a couple  pictures that i believe show what I'm talking about.

Missing area:

What i believe is missing:

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Lennard

Yes, you're missing the roller that is supposed to slide up and down in that guide channel.

keith88

Quote from: cdr on May 10, 2015, 11:33:08 AM
this kit has what you need.

http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=1000119
I was on there site i think i can buy it just one side,  the other side dont need to be done the drivers side is good. The issue is if you look at the kit it looks like there are to many pieces than needed so is a pick what you need and if so how would i know. Why buy the kit when it looks like i can buy just one side for $25
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

cdr

well then call them & i am sure they can help !!!!!!!!!!!! :Twocents:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

keith88

I sent an email  to them with pictures Ill see what they say.

VegasCharger

Ironically of the 4 windows in my 68 Charger the only one that didn't go up & down with having issues was also my rear pass. side.

Anyway I bought the swivel (1) roller from Dantes and didn't have to buy the whole kit. However I did not need both rollers of the two swivel roller piece. And Dantes sold me the swivel roller containing the shaft and one roller. That would be the roller that's pressed on, which is the one that is smaller in diameter. I already had the other larger roller which is held on by a press clip. So Dantes sold me one swivel roller with the swivel shaft and the pressed on roller for $22.50 shipped. I'm not sure how much it would be or even if he sells the complete swivel roller just as one unit. Like you I didn't want to pay the $90.00+ for the whole kit when I only needed one swivel roller and only one roller of the double swivel roller at that. Dantes on-line store does not display the listing for the just only one swivel roller, you would have to call them.

However I did search R/T Specialties on-line store and found these:

Swivel roller with one roller:
http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=0764325
Larger roller for the above (you would still need the clip)
http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=1000036

Below is a pic of my swivel roller replacement.

Hope this helps.

keith88

I was thinking the same thing as far as what you show from them ,I sent them an email this weekend but they haven't responded yet i might just call them. Thanks

VegasCharger

keith88

R/T Specialties did get back to me and shipped the parts and i got them the next day awesome service.

VegasCharger

Good news :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

So did you get one complete dual swivel roller assembly?

If you don't mind me asking how much was it?

Let me know if you run into any snags trying to install that roller.

keith88

Quote from: VegasCharger on May 18, 2015, 04:37:52 AM
Good news :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

So did you get one complete dual swivel roller assembly?

If you don't mind me asking how much was it?

Let me know if you run into any snags trying to install that roller.
I had to buy it in pieces -Roller with shaft than the other roller and the retainer clip cost around $34 with shipping.
Never installed before any advice be for i try?

VegasCharger

Quote from: keith88 on May 18, 2015, 04:51:01 AM
Quote from: VegasCharger on May 18, 2015, 04:37:52 AM

I had to buy it in pieces -Roller with shaft than the other roller and the retainer clip cost around $34 with shipping.
Never installed before any advice be for i try?

What I did for that particular section of the installation was to place the swivel roller in the carrier bracket first then place the roller in the rear slider bracket with the slider bracket not mounted yet (floating). Then mount the slider bracket to the inner window panel. I attached pics, it may not be too descriptive but it might help.

keith88

Thank you for that i plan on doing it latter this week or week end. :2thumbs:

keith88

I installed it this morning everything went well nice to have a working window now thanks for the pics they helped out . :2thumbs: :cheers:

VegasCharger

Quote from: keith88 on May 23, 2015, 04:25:30 PM
I installed it this morning everything went well nice to have a working window now thanks for the pics they helped out . :2thumbs: :cheers:

Cool :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Glad it worked out and that the pics helped you.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: