News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

will these fit?

Started by Stegs, April 29, 2015, 06:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegs

Hi guys, looking at rims, came across a nice set of wheels, wondering if they will fit my 69 charger?

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/pts/5000834287.html

I might be able to trade for them....but i want to know they will work before i do trade..

Is the backspacing ok for a stock charger?

myk

I'm pretty sure you want 4.5 to 5 inch back spacing.  Anything lower like a 3 will poke the wheels out too much from under the car.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

HPP

They have the correct bolt pattern. However, looking at the pictures and the claim of 3.5" backspace, I don't think the seller correctly understands this measurement, or the photo really is deceiving on the depth. 3.5 back space means there would be 4.5 front space and they don't look that deep. I suspect he has these measurements backwards and the 4.5 is on the back and 3.5 is on the front. IMO, the backspace looks even deeper than 4.5, but unless you can put a tape to them to verify, I could be wrong.

At that price they are worth looking into.

Stegs

i sent him a email about them...

But i want more backspace? like 4.5?

I have magnum 500s now, not sure what the space on those are..but i need new rims and i like the look of these

i will see what he says

cdr

on an 8 in wide wheel 3.5 back will work,,, lets do the math  3.5 back space means 4.5 front = 8 wide & that will work,,i have a 10 in rear wheel & it is 5in back space,so it is also 5 in front =10 in & they clear just fine.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Dino

Those are sweet!  And I think they will fit.  The rear tire will be close to the lip but I love that look.  They should fit fine though.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cdr

4.5 back space will move it inside on an 8 in wheel
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

John_Kunkel

3 1/2" backspacing with a 7" rim means the rim is centered....kinda like a factory wheel.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

HPP

Quote from: cdr on April 29, 2015, 11:40:53 AM
on an 8 in wide wheel 3.5 back will work,,, lets do the math  3.5 back space means 4.5 front = 8 wide & that will work,,i have a 10 in rear wheel & it is 5in back space,so it is also 5 in front =10 in & they clear just fine.

I agree, but we don't know how the seller is measuring and from what points, to arrive at his numbers.  After all, some guys measure outside lip to lip and call that the width. To me, the picture looks more like a 5-6" of back space, and it appears there may be a spacer slapped on the back of the hub in addition.

MxRacer855

Good looking wheels.
I don't k ow much about spacing, but I've always heard 4.5 myself.

Jeff