News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hellcat Challenger Charger’s Global Availability

Started by wingcar, April 24, 2015, 07:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar

Hellcat Challenger Charger's Global Availability

Patrick Rall
April 23, 2015

When the 2015 Dodge Charger and Challenger SRT cars were introduced with the supercharged 6.2L Hellcat Hemi, Dodge boss Tim Kuniskis stated that the company did not have any plans to export the 707 horsepower siblings outside of North America. However, when the fuel line recall was issued a few months back, the company said that 21 Hellcat-powered muscle cars were  being recalled outside of the US, Mexico and Canada.

Based on various Dodge and Chrysler websites from around the world, the Hellcat-powered Challenger and Charger SRT are only available in North America, so I reached out to the Chrysler Group PR team to find out what other markets have those 21 Hellcat cars.

According to a representative, the 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat and the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat are available through a specified (but unnamed) distributor in a handful of non-North American markets. Chrysler didn't give specific locales, but did confirm that the Hellcat cars can be ordered in the Middle East, parts of Western Europe, and select Asia Pacific markets; and buyers in Canada, the US, Mexico, select Latin American markets, and Puerto Rico can get their hands on the Hellcat Challenger and Charger.

Considering the insane growth of the car culture in Middle Eastern regions like Dubai and the high end car boom in China, those key markets probably have a distributor who can get someone a 707hp Dodge coupe or sedan. A buyer in any of those markets should expect to pay a major markup for the Hellcat Challenger or Charger, and where they are sold through the grey market, those prices are likely to comfortably double the cost of the most powerful Mopar production cars of all time – if not more.

Finally, regardless of where you are buying the Hellcat Challenger/Charger and how much you are paying for a 707 horsepower Dodge muscle car, getting your hands on them aren't going to be any easier. The extremely high volume of preordered Hellcat models in the US has caused a huge log jam in the delivery process and with the North American markets taking precedence over export markets, those folks ordering from the overseas markets are likely to face an even longer wait than the thousands of American buyers already lined up for the supercharged Challenger or Charger. Figure that in that recall, 21 units of the 2,200+ recalled vehicles were in non-NA markets, meaning that just less than 1% of the production run thus far had been shipped outside of Canada, the USA or Mexico.

If 1 out of every 100 Hellcat cars makes it overseas, it is likely very near impossible to buy one of the Hellcat cars in the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Western Europe or Latin America. However, the bottom line is that buyers in some non-North American markets could have a chance to order a Hellcat Charger or Challenger provided that they have deep enough pockets and the right connections.
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

War wagon

Yesterday my dealer here in southern Ontario informed me I have a vin and can expect my car by the end of May. :cheers: :o :cheers: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :laugh: :yesnod: :icon_smile_cool: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
I ordered JULY 24 2014
After 10 month wait I've finally got a vin#
Only 290 cars have been built and delivered in Canada and there are 50 more currently in D1 scheduled for build with parts AVALIABLE.
This country will get 5-10% of the production , which means it's probably sold out here for years to come.
Happy camper today , I will bring it to moparfest for the CANADIAN members to see.
Sublime green 6spd

Mytur Binsdirti

myk

Yup, Dubai loves their fast cars.  I'd imagine there's a substantial premium to get a 'Cat overseas...

Mike DC

:Twocents:   Flipping one of those things right now, and investing the money into something decent/safe, is probably a better investment than sitting on a car for decades.

War wagon

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 25, 2015, 03:09:26 AM

:Twocents:   Flipping one of those things right now, and investing the money into something decent/safe, is probably a better investment than sitting on a car for decades.

I agree 110%, there was a post on the hellcat forum from a Dubai distribution centre offering Huge money for anyone interested in selling. People have also posted from Germany and England looking to buy one, money no object deals....
Personally I ordered it too have fun! Life is way too short. I told the dealer when I ordered I may end up with the highest mileage hellcat in Ontario LOL it will be driven!!!!
I still can't understand how they didn't anticipate the demand for a car with 707hp and 650tq!!!!
I will say msrp has gone from $63195 when I ordered to $71890 as of today in Canada, and I'd be willing too bet that the 2016's will be even higher!!
I don't think they will be an easy car to get EVER, demand is HUGE worldwide

myk

Maybe I'm failing to understand the hype but I just don't see the big deal and the desperation to have one.  It's not as if the 'Cats are the last big HP factory car that we'll see; a preclusion to another 20 year drought of performance cars, or something.  Or is it?  Am I missing something?

I mean, aren't Ford and GM working on their own monster HP cars to sell against the 'Cat, and at a similar price point?  Will there be an equal fervor and craze for these cars as well?  Personally speaking, I'd love to see a 700HP, factory blown Mustang line up against a 'Cat, for example.  And even if there never is any similar competition from the other camps, will this be the LAST Hellcat, or Mopar of it's kind?  I highly doubt it...

War wagon

I honestly believe and this is just MY opinion but we are witnessing the end of the big V8 engines from Detriot.
Might last another 3-5yrs but after that I just can't see the big motors surviving.

It's my personal belief that the reason Canada is ONLY getting 350 cars give or take a couple due to the latest legislator garbage regarding pollution. I think emission standards must be far more stringent in Canada and dodge just can't sell as many as they would like here. Between that and our sinking dollar, cars just aren't being delivered here even though the car is MADE HERE!!!

The days of 6L motors or larger is numbered I'm afraid. Soon to be replaced with smaller displacement supercharged and turbo charged motors.

This IS the golden age of the automobile IMHO don't miss your chance.
I know not everyone will agree and that's fine with me, we all have our opinions.

I plan on driving the wheels off it, for me this is a dream 46yrs in the making.
Spent my whole life bitching and moaning Dodge needed to build a modern muscle car with REAL balls and driving nannies that can be turned off for the average guy.
A car that can bite you if you aren't carefull like the cars of old.....
The car gods listened and the Hellcat was born.
Always wished I could have ordered a 71 HEMI Cuda new except I was 2 . This car is my 71!!

1974dodgecharger

yup, people been doing it lately found how stupid people can be that want something, 'FIRST' on their block.  You can make 30k alone right now.....hence why dealerships are charing a premium they are not stupid.

1974dodgecharger

not doubting you at all, but yes correct smaller engines with turboes etc....that's why people are going frantic thinking its 1970 all over again they are trying to preserve these cars for an investment....... ::)
Quote from: War wagon on April 25, 2015, 01:41:04 PM
I honestly believe and this is just MY opinion but we are witnessing the end of the big V8 engines from Detriot.
Might last another 3-5yrs but after that I just can't see the big motors surviving.

It's my personal belief that the reason Canada is ONLY getting 350 cars give or take a couple due to the latest legislator garbage regarding pollution. I think emission standards must be far more stringent in Canada and dodge just can't sell as many as they would like here. Between that and our sinking dollar, cars just aren't being delivered here even though the car is MADE HERE!!!

The days of 6L motors or larger is numbered I'm afraid. Soon to be replaced with smaller displacement supercharged and turbo charged motors.

This IS the golden age of the automobile IMHO don't miss your chance.
I know not everyone will agree and that's fine with me, we all have our opinions.

I plan on driving the wheels off it, for me this is a dream 46yrs in the making.
Spent my whole life bitching and moaning Dodge needed to build a modern muscle car with REAL balls and driving nannies that can be turned off for the average guy.
A car that can bite you if you aren't carefull like the cars of old.....
The car gods listened and the Hellcat was born.
Always wished I could have ordered a 71 HEMI Cuda new except I was 2 . This car is my 71!!

War wagon

There is one guy on the hellcat forum who has bought 3 challengers and 3 chargers , he says one too drive, one too race, and the others are for investments....
A fool and his money are soon parted.
I just don't see these cars becoming collectable the way a 70-71 HEMI CUDA is, too many sensors and computers. Who will have boxes of those parts for restorations or repairs 25yrs from now.

I bet they end up close to 6000 worldwide for the first model yr and maybe double that in 2016.
Just not rare enough to become a true collectable.

Once the V8's go the way of the dodo maybe.....

War wagon

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on April 24, 2015, 07:55:33 PM
Lucky you, I'm still waiting.   :brickwall:

Hopefully your order gets picked up SOON!! You didn't order from Bob Fredricks did you?? Or Roneoak?
Those two dealers are on the shit list from FCA , they took way too many orders.
Bob fredricks took over 200 and has delivered 4 cars so far

Bob T

Quote from: War wagon on April 25, 2015, 07:25:27 AM

I agree 110%, there was a post on the hellcat forum from a Dubai distribution centre offering Huge money for anyone interested in selling. People have also posted from Germany and England looking to buy one, money no object deals....
Personally I ordered it too have fun! Life is way too short. I told the dealer when I ordered I may end up with the highest mileage hellcat in Ontario LOL it will be driven!!!!
I still can't understand how they didn't anticipate the demand for a car with 707hp and 650tq!!!!
I will say msrp has gone from $63195 when I ordered to $71890 as of today in Canada, and I'd be willing too bet that the 2016's will be even higher!!
I don't think they will be an easy car to get EVER, demand is HUGE worldwide

Lots and lots of late model Challengers and Chargers both low spec and high spec around the streets in Abu Dhabi. Also , Camaro's and late model kitted out Mustangs too. Along with Chevy suburban s and GMC people.movers.
But yeah, the cashed up sector of the population will want the top end high performance limited edition and will pay willingly to get it, so if a dealer can import 2nd hand Hellcats to UAE, he could name his price.
The amount of top end Euro cars around on a daily basis there is quite surprising, I'm talking cars in the $80k and up range, mainly Mercedes though.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.