News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need to Vent

Started by holanae, April 22, 2015, 10:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holanae

I took advantage of a 25 or 30% off at Year One and bought all the wiring harnesses for my 68 rebuild. I still haven't received all of the harnesses.  I knew about the back order but I was thinking a few weeks to a month, but I am going on three months.  I called back in March and they said to expect them by May. I asked how could they sale anything to their customers with a 4-5 month lead time.  Obviously, they didn't answer.

ODZKing

I'm not saying this is what happened here, but ... Many places don't have their catalog on hand.  THEY order when YOU order. Cuts down on overhead etc.
Some more reputable places will tell you, some don't.

I did business with Year One, one time.  I hope I never have to again.
Their shipping was outrageous. And I have heard this story you tell a few times now.    :rotz:

Ghoste

Year One used to be a great place at one time but it seems like a long long time ago now.  :rotz:

J.Bond

That seems to be normal, for Y O . Last order I made, same deal, placed my order, paid my bill and patiently waited by my mail box. In the time it took to receive my order, I read a thread about them taking your order, and your money, and not being able to send your order until they have stock. So, with that information loaded, I called them back to check on my order, well.....Half my order was on back order, with no real conformation time. I was a little upset to say the least, cancelled everything that was on back order , and thanked them very much.

b5blue

You are at the mercy of M&H, the supplier to YO. (Call and talk to them.) My A/C Heat harness took 3 months to arrive. YO offered a refund. Jan. M&H said they were "swamped" with orders and backlogged but doing what they could. 30% off triggers an avalanche of orders for all kinds of stuff.   :o  Just wait is all you can do.

holanae

I understand about keeping in inventory cost down, but a back order of 3 months.   Oh well.  I don't look for the harnesses until YO sends me an email saying they shipped. Had the same problem with CI on a driver side fender. I waited a month, called, and they gave me a 5 month lead time. Laughed and canceled that order.

Mopar Nut

I would call them to ask for free shipping on those backorder items.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

timmycharger

Ordered my tail light harness from Y O in January, just got it last week.  :flame:  I can say that the quality is very nice. I also took advantage of a sale when I bought it.

c00nhunterjoe

I used to love paddock parts. When they went out of business, yearone seems to have tanked. Ive been dealing with classic industries and yet to have a problem.