News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Super Dukes Marathon on CMT

Started by 69wannabe, April 19, 2015, 07:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69wannabe

Should have posted this earlier but have been watching The Dukes Of Hazzard all day on CMT. Still funny and entertaining!!!  :yesnod:

JB400

I've caught a few episodes myself.  It's a lot better than most of the stuff on tv.

Road Dog

If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

69wannabe

It's really amazing how this show still hold's up!!! 36 years and the show is still easily watchable and for me allway's will be!!  :yesnod:

JB400

What I like, considering it was made way back when, is it doesn't seem all that dated compared to some of the other shows of the era.

69wannabe

Exactly!!!! :2thumbs: I actually took a day off yesterday and it was on most of the morning and I watched it til it went off at 1. Cathy Bach never stops smiling in those earlier episodes (season 1 and 2) Looks like she was having a blast, I guess they all were!!  ;D

Brock Lee

People do not realize how good they have it now. I remember when the show first went into syndication. It was while new episodes were still being made. In those days I loved the episodes Luke wore a jean jacket and they were driving around streets and towns never seen again. The syndication copies were avery low quality 16 mm. So the reruns on during the day were really grainy and the sound was muddy. Every once in a while, while show was on hiatus, you would catch CBS rerunning earlier seasons episodes in no particular order and catch a good one that was as clean as the original broadcast. That was a real treat back then. Today you can call up any episode and watch it clearer than even the original broadcast.  

Road Dog

I remember the first episodes how Enos and Roscoe were so serious. They didn't get goofy til later.
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

69wannabe

Season 1 will always be my favorite episode's since the first 5 were filmed here in georgia and they had more of a real feel to them in my opinion...

Brock Lee

The first 5 were hands down the best, but those earliest California episodes were not too shabby. There was still an edge to the material. They still drove on real roads. The color wasn't that typical super bright "Technicolor" look they ended up adopting.

Mike DC

The Georgia shows always get the favorite, but I don't think that era would be nearly as well-loved if it existed by itself.  The later seasons in the back of our minds give #1 a more lovable mojo than it really deserves.

#4 is my favorite G-rated Cali season.  It's about the only time after the first two seasons where the cast seemed to be themselves.  In #3 they were still learning how to play this thing so G-rated.  For most of #5-7 the material was too far in make-believe-land to even keep trying. 

I have a hard time with season #3 just because I don't like the background music tracks.  It seemed repetitive and not always very well coordinated with what was happening.

tcs69rt

I believe episode 1 has a short segment filmed from inside the car and when they drive around town....there is a General Lee parked among the other cars = oopsie!
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

69wannabe

Quote from: tcs69rt on April 24, 2015, 04:16:44 PM
I believe episode 1 has a short segment filmed from inside the car and when they drive around town....there is a General Lee parked among the other cars = oopsie!

Correct, that was one armed bandits and that was filmed at covington square and the other general is parked along the sidewalk in front of one of the store's!! :yesnod:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: 69wannabe on April 24, 2015, 07:58:39 PM
Quote from: tcs69rt on April 24, 2015, 04:16:44 PM

Correct, that was one armed bandits and that was filmed at covington square and the other general is parked along the sidewalk in front of one of the store's!! :yesnod:

Roscos cop car also changes a couple times during that chase  :lol: