News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tom Hoover- disregard, this was a hoax

Started by Ghoste, April 23, 2015, 06:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

My first post here was that Tom Hoover had passed away today, this is not true.  Sorry.

DAY CLONA

Not so...false rumor, he's still on the mend

Sublime/Sixpack

I sure hope he's on the mend!
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

ws23rt

I can only imagine how his family may feel when they see internet postings about his passing.

There was a post on FBBO where the post title said he died. :slap:  When many are scanning different sites they may see a post title and not read the quick correction. ---Headlines can tell a false tale that is hard to retract.

I am glad to see that posting was deleted but am sure many out there think Tom Hoover has passed.

It's a shame on us for wanting to be first in sharing news and a shame on us for believing the first thing we hear. :scratchchin:

BTW Ghoste---I'm not directing my comment at you. Your post title is appropriate and I felt the same as you about the (false) news when I saw it. 

Ghoste

Yep, just got word that it was a hoax too.  It was attributed to a very reliable source in my case so two parties were wronged.  My own personal apology to them both.
Stupid on my part.

ws23rt

The good thing about this is Tom Hoover is still with us and I'm hopeful about his improvement.
If I was him and heard about my demise on the internet I would smile :nana:

ws23rt

This actually happened to me some years back. ( I work in industrial construction and have brief contact with many people over time)
My  boss called me because he heard I died. He told me several had called him to find out if it was true.
Funny for me to hear about my passing but not so for those in my family and otherwise close. :eek2: