News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone do Model cars ?

Started by gtx6970, April 10, 2015, 08:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtx6970

Built this one over the winter.
Its a replica of the actual car I have in the shop right now.

Built it to show the customer what the finished product should look  like.

Painted in EE1 single stage with a urethane clear coat. rubbed out . Interior is done with duplicolor white laquer .

Underhood is the kits 440 and 4 spd trans, with some mild detailing work done.

69wannabe

Look's great!!!! I put a few together but i'm not very good at it. A special skill and alot of patience!!!!  :yesnod:

RallyeMike

What the heck, they need to be taken out and dusted anyway. I actually stopped building 10-12 years ago - I have maybe 60 completed kits, a handful of near-finished ones, and about 120 unbuilt. I made myself stop buying any new ones about 5 years ago. I put all my effort into 1:1 these days. Maybe I'll take the models back up when I can't get up off the shop floor any more.

All my completed kits are Mopars except 2.

Here are a few:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

RallyeMike

A couple more...
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

69wannabe

Love the DMCL charger!!! they all look great tho!!! I still have a few in the boxes and still sealed. Started buying the die cast models that are already together and ready for display. Lazy I guess, LOL!!

MoparManJim

You guys have some nice builds here. They look great! 

I also build model cars. I'm not on my home pc right now.

skip68

Yeah, Jim does some real good detail work on his models.   :yesnod: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

I don't necessarily build model cars but I've been racing RC cars for the past 23+ years. This is part of the reason my Charger is still sitting unfinished in my garage.

Here is a project I've been working on with a Finnish friend for 12 months, it's a vintage car that we've made competative against the modern cars.

Those of you who may have dabbled in RC cars should have heard of the RC10. It was produced and developed between 1984 - 1994.

Here is our version.

64dartgt

Sweet!  I thought about doing some model car versions of my car just to test color combos and the like...but essentially it is an old school versus new school problem.  Keep it pretty stock, but in B5 with either a white or black roof.  If I go with a black roof it will be easier to add some of the typical black accents if I want them...or perhaps delete the top altogether.