News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sleepers? What's your thoughts.

Started by 440, April 20, 2015, 08:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Having just rebuilt the engine in my fairlane (which is slowly snowballing) and coming across this sleeper on youtube I'm liking the idea more and more.

What in your opinion makes it a sleeper? and when do you start to pass the realm of a sleeper.

I don't have the money to go this fast but this thing is awesome in my opinion, I'd love to build something like it if I had the coin.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iyhB3FjMHo

charger_fan_4ever

Wow can't get much more of a sleeper than that.

Id say the line is crossed with a lumpy cam/loud exhaust,any type of aftermarket wheels, or a roll bar.

RallyeMike

QuoteWhat in your opinion makes it a sleeper? and when do you start to pass the realm of a sleeper.

Anything that is a lot faster than it looks is a sleeper in my opinion. This one is pretty much at the ultimate level. Neat!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

rt green

i agree. should be dead quiet. not a hint of anything going on. maybe a swinging Jesus on the dash or a triple a sticker.
third string oil changer

1974dodgecharger

everyone wants a sleeper now......look at tesla.

c00nhunterjoe

Thats my hometown track. I scattered my axles in that same lane....lol

68X426

Quote from: RallyeMike on April 20, 2015, 02:34:41 PM
Anything that is a lot faster than it looks is a sleeper in my opinion.

Agreed, especially coming direct from the factory.

I always had the opinion that a non-muscle car that had a killer driveline from the factory was the truest definition of sleeper.  For example an AMC Gremlin with a 401, a Dart with a Hemi, a Ford station wagon with a 460, or the handful of 4 door Hemi Belvederes.

Yes, the 401 was a dealer special and they only made 50 Hemi Darts, my point is that factory is where the line is.  When the car is a grandma car and has the least aftermarket mods, that's a killer sleeper.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Sublime/Sixpack

A sleeper indeed! That Buick hauls! :yesnod:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

ITSA426

I'd love to own one of the three 66 hemi Coronet four doors, preferably the four speed car.  With stock mufflers that would be a sleeper.

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on April 22, 2015, 08:52:57 AM
A sleeper indeed! That Buick hauls! :yesnod:

Pretty amazing really for a full interior car with AC. I'd be happy if my car ran mid 13's, even happier if low 13's.

That buick makes me want to put a set of stock wheels and the hood orniment back on mine.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: RallyeMike on April 20, 2015, 02:34:41 PM
]Anything that is a lot faster than it looks is a sleeper in my opinion. This one is pretty much at the ultimate level. Neat!

A lot of the Max Wedge cars were low-end sedans devoid of accessories, with blackwall tires and dog dish hub caps. Only the exhaust pipes would give away their inards on a walk-around. My old '62.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

tcs69rt

That 62 is gorgeous! I have a bud in Vegas with a 63 Polara convertible. First time I saw it I thought "it's so damn ugly....it's beautiful."
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

Patronus

Say "sleeper" and I instantly think 63 Polara. The local show draws a mint colored one with red interior.
Man that Buick sounds good on the spray, wow. And prob give most street bikes a run!
I'd have a pretty big problem keeping the grin off my face as some unsuspecting GTR pulled up.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE