News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

very hard shifting when the cars running

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, June 14, 2015, 07:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

hey guys me and my dad put in a new clutch maybe 2 years ago. the car always shifted like butter. i dont drive the car nearly as much as i like so it really doesnt have many miles on it at all. def under 1k miles if i had to guess.  i took it outta storage a month or so ago and brought it to my house and noticed it shifting like crap. i havet touched it till today. now when the engine is off it shifts beautifly. when i start it its to the point now where its almost impossible to get into gear.  i had to shut the car off put it in first then start the car and drive it that way at the end of my drive today.  it also grinds shifting into reverse. the car starts moving when i harldy lift the pedal off the floor too, i mean i gotta bury it to keep the car from moving.

im assuming its out of adjustment everything is new, mcloud clutch and pp, new flywheel and throw out bearing.  i havent looked at the clutch in a couple years. from what i remember theres just a nut on the threaded rod and thats the only adjustment correct?

any info would be great! the car ran awesome other than that though!

ws23rt

How much free play is at the pedal?  Should be about 1 inch.

Brightyellow69rtse

i just ran out and checked. i would say close to 3 inches before the free play is gone. so do i just have to adjust the nut on the threaded rod till theres about 1" of free play?   the 1" thing rings a bell i just forget about this stuff when im away from it for a while. thank you for your help.