News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wrecks to riches

Started by The Ghoul, March 28, 2006, 11:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghoul

Checked it out tonigh.
Another in a long line off how to shows.
Showing car restoration and customization on TLC.
I was amazed at the car boan yard they were walking around in.
classics stacked on top of classics.
the odd thing about it is they have the cars sitting up on pedistules on concreet but they have other cars stacked on top of them  ???
ah well.
I think its a great show...
The auctions kinda rub me the wrong way.
but then again alot of guys with big money to there names buying cherry rides always rubs me the wrong way.
mah well.
I think im just going to such out this jen chick that was on the show and consentrate on getting with her.
she is just my style, meaty, well built, car gal, green eyes and barley seems spoiled.  :angel:

MassCharger73

I saw the show too. I don't think that 30K price tag for the rebuild is legitimate even figuring the shell as a freebie. Adding in the labor for his guys and the ringers for the interior work on top of all those new parts would have easily put it over 30 large IMHO.
1973 Charger

The Ghoul

Quote from: MassCharger73 on March 29, 2006, 07:08:27 AM
I saw the show too. I don't think that 30K price tag for the rebuild is legitimate even figuring the shell as a freebie. Adding in the labor for his guys and the ringers for the interior work on top of all those new parts would have easily put it over 30 large IMHO.
yeah I wasnt sure about that eather.
they were talking 3k in the prep work
and 2k in paint alone. so im assuming thats labor in there.
I was shocked that they never made mention of where they got the extra 'bits' for it.. that was just a roling shell....
They did mention that the daughter was working on the car for a while. I wonder if it was a full car, she tore it down, started to work on it, and lost intrest... leaving a pile of parts some where??
that would make sence.
Maby they figgured the labor as what he pays the employees.. not what he would have charged a customer for labor?