News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 tail stripe measurements needed. bodyline pics too!

Started by Telvis, March 28, 2006, 09:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

My painter is just about ready to paint the rest of my car. He's agreed to paint a tail stripe for me. Does anyone have detailed measurements and pictures? They would help me immensely. Also I was looking at the body lines today and they just don't look right. I could use a few pictures showing the body line down a 68 for reference. Thanks in advance!

4402tuff4u

I have the decal rolled up at home. If you want I'll be glad to measure it tonight and post tomorrow, unless someone beats me to it. You want the width of the stripe, correct? Yee, I was at the body shop last night and could have taken photos of all sorts of body lines for ya. I 'm very happy how the Charger lines came out. That's one thing I kept stressing to him - not to blend the lines; make them pronounce like they were right off the factory. I'll look through my archives - but don't have many since the car got painted. 
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

4402tuff4u

Telvis, if you go to the Phoenix Graphics website, you see a photo of the stripe on a 68 Charger. When I get home, I'll open the tube where my decal is and maybe dimensions are provided in the installation instructions. I got the stripe decal from my kids for Christmas but never did bother to open the whole package. I'll let you know.

DFS68_Charger

I made this drawing from dimensions that Dan (8Wheeler) posted on the old site.

DFS

8WHEELER

74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Telvis

Sweet! Thanks guys! The stripe was a last minute decision. I really appreciate the help.

4402tuff4u

Those dimensions are right on the money compared to the decal I got from Pheonix graphics. Last night I opened the tube where the decal came in and looked at the instructions & I was surprised that the instructions do not give you any reference information regarding correctly locationg the decal/stripe on the body of the Charger. No dimensions given off the trunk/hood edge or anything! That blows!  :rotz: