News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cruel!

Started by lloyd3, April 16, 2015, 10:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

It's April 16th and I'm shoveling the snow so my wife can get up the driveway. Two days ago it was almost too hot for the dog at the dog park.  Springtime in the Rockies!

twodko

NICE picture but, yeah......sad too.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Baldwinvette77

Meanwhile in canada there was a bit of drizzle but it wasnt enough to stop me from spraybombing various things  :shruggy:

303 Mopar

In the past 24 hours in Denver we have had several inches of rain, then snow, now hail.  Next up locust and frogs.....
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

green69rt

Quote from: 303 Mopar on April 17, 2015, 12:23:21 PM
In the past 24 hours in Denver we have had several inches of rain, then snow, now hail.  Next up locust and frogs.....

What about boils and sores!!   :eek2:

hollywood1336

Alias, 75 and sunny here in San Diego, and almost beer thirty.

tcs69rt

14+ inches in Woodland Park, Colorado! Tuesday it was sunny and beautiful  :2thumbs: Oh well!
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

69wannabe

Still raining here in north georgia!! :eek2: Hasn't quit raining since november here... :-\

Plum Crazy 68

I'm with Hollywood about the weather in SD today.  It's a little dry here though and would be thankful for a raindrop or two on my Charger once in awhile.  In about two months you'l be able to sell that white stuff (the snow) to us for a good profit.

lloyd3

I grew up in Northwestern Pennsylvania, and there.... it felt like we had way too-much precipitation. We would have weeks of lake-effect overcast and rain. Everything was either muddy or rusting like crazy (cars, bridges, even buildings), the roads were full of potholes, and you even had to cut the grass twice a week some summers just to keep ahead of it. At times it felt like you lived under water. After being out here in the high and dry for something like 30-years now, I try to appreciate each little storm we get (at 300 days of sunshine per year, you just don't get that many).  Water is always in short supply here, and green, living things are always pleasing to the eye.  Can't imagine what Southern California is facing.

Hudson Hornet !

What part of Northwestern Pa?

:popcrn:
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

keith88

Quote from: lloyd3 on April 16, 2015, 10:14:56 PM
It's April 16th and I'm shoveling the snow so my wife can get up the driveway. Two days ago it was almost too hot for the dog at the dog park.  Springtime in the Rockies!

You can have it ..i had it all winter until 2 weeks ago in CT. I do feel for ya tho.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

lloyd3

Hudson Hornet: The little town of Polk, in Venango County.

white

lloyd3 is correct on the weather in northwest pa.

Hudson Hornet !

LLoyd3, I am very familiar. I live in the Oil City area.
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

lloyd3

Ah, tearing up Siverly (and Colbert Avenue!) on a hot summer night in a '70 Super Bee 4-gear car after Dave Ballot and the Cubs finished their last set at Falco's. Staging at McDonald's and then drag racing down Elm, past the Quaker State Building and the old Pennzoil Station. Partying at the Stanchion until the wee hours and then sneaking home (up the hill to Hasson Heights) the back way up through Pollock Hill to avoid Oil City's finest. My misspent youth!  Back then, all the steel mills and plants were up and humming (Quaker State, Pennzoil, US Steel Oil Well Division, Joy, CPT, Glass Plant, Electalloy, etc.) gasoline was cheap and times were good. I bought my first car (a fairly rusty 1970 Limelight Roadrunner 383/auto) for $500 from a fellow on the Southside in 1979. I was, after all, an OCHS grad way back in 1976 (moved there my senior year). My, how things have changed.