News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Intake question

Started by xoman60, April 15, 2015, 09:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xoman60

I have a 2806178 stock intake cast on 12/21/68. I decided to move the coil back to the stock location and to my surprise there are no coil strap mounting holes on intake. Has anyone seen this before? I've been going over pics on the internet and everyone has the strap holes. What's up with mine? My car is a 69 charger that came with a 383. The motor is a 440 out of a 68 CHP coronet police car. That's all the history I have on it other than the motor was rebuilt in 1990 by a California motor builder.

firefighter3931

Did you look on the backside of the intake manifold....behind the carburator.  :scope:

It's possible that the intake manifold was installed backwards.  :scratchchin:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

xoman60

LOL! Yes, I thought of that but I'm using the original carter AVS with the choke built into the manifold. Kinda hard to hook that up backwards. Thanks for the idea though. I took my car to our local mopar expert today and he thinks the manifold was customized by the previous owner. If that's true then they did a hell of a good job cutting off the coil mounting tabs and welding it up. The manifold has been polished really nice for cast iron. It almost looks like chrome. Anyway, I got another manifold so after I paint it I'll use that one.