News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

H-pipe drone question.....

Started by A383Wing, April 08, 2015, 10:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

The Daytona has a rather annoying drone at cruise speed on the freeway...was thinking of taking a few trips with it this summer and we would be taking our dogs along as well....the noise really bugs Cappy

will a H-pipe added between the 2 header pipes quiet it down significantly or is it a waste of time?

Mopar Nut

Yes, but not as much as a "X" pipe would.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

charger Downunder

I never run a mopar without a h or x pipe.
[/quote]

Mike DC

Add an X-pipe.  Put reasonators on behind the axle if it doesn't have them already.  That should make it decent.    

myk

An H pipe made my exhaust more quiet as well...

femtnmax

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on April 09, 2015, 01:09:55 AM
Put resonators on behind the axle if it doesn't have them already.  That should make it decent.    
I agree.  I added Magnaflow straight thru glass packs as resonators behind rear axle, eliminated the drone.
Phil

A383Wing

I got no room for resonators...so I think I'll weld in an H-pipe with a collector flange in the middle just in case I gotta pull the trans for some reason.....

Thanks